Someone may have already blogged about this, but I didn’t see it.  When using the Team Foundation Server Object Model, be careful what you set your connection properties to.

I had some code like:

TeamFoundationServer tfs = TeamFoundationServerFactory.GetServer(“mustang”);

WorkItemStore wit = (WorkItemStore) tfs.GetService(typeof(WorkItemStore);

I noticed a long, long delay when getting my WorkItemStore object – almost 30 seconds in most cases.  The problem was that in my LAN settings (under Internet Explorer -> Tools) was set to automatically detect settings. 

For some reason, when I ran this code at home, I experienced this long delay.  It was generally OK on my network at home.  When I changed this setting, everything worked fine.

Anyways, I spent a few hours tracking this down, so I wanted to share it in case anyone was running into the same thing.

Eric.