This is one of a series of posts on my preparations for sessions on Azure and ORMs at Software Architect 2009.
I did manage to get round the bug I was getting with “VsHost32.exe always stops working when starting VS 2010 Beta 1” by… starting all over again :-(. I built a brand new VM for VS2010 and resisted putting anything on it that wasn’t absolutely necessary for what I planned to show with Entity Framework 4.0. For instance I did leave off Silverlight 3 (not that I’m saying this is the culprit) and a number of other useful tools.
I also went gold on the Azure deck although I realise there is still a fair bit of tweaking still left for Entity Framework – but then again, I don’t actually present that until Thursday :-)
I lost a lot of time on Friday – a combination of attempting to fix the vshost32.exe issues and a number of work things which I just could not put off any longer. Which means I need to still do work to be “spot on” for the sessions – unfortunately that will have to happen around other work commitments I have for Monday and Tuesday. Which really means “in the evening” and “on the train”.
My five days of prep are up. It was interesting keeping this diary of those 5 days (which I suspect add up to more like 60 to 70hours). I think the split of time has been roughly:
And in way of a mini retrospective:
Between now and the actual sessions I need to: