Note: Cross posted from IUpdateable from Eric Nelson.
Permalink

I have been producing a regular (regular for me anyway!) podcast on development topics for a good few months now. I have been hosting it on a small (and cheap) UK podcast hoster http://www.podcastfm.co.uk with mixed results. The two big issues were download speeds and a showstopper – it often went down for several hours at a time. Obviously this couldn’t continue.

I have therefore now moved off podcastfm and over to channel 9 who actually do a pretty decent job of podcast hosting.

This has consequences though:

  • I only moved across the more recent episodes – 001 to 006 are not on Channel 9. They still exist though. You can get to them via http://bit.ly/msdnpodcast
  • The 007 to 011 shows were published in both places – and some readers may see these as two shows. The old links will likely break in the near future when I turn off podcastfm.
  • Shows 012 onwards have only been published on channel 9.

NO ACTION NEEDED if you are already subscribed via ITunes or the feedburner feed - but it may appear funny!

If you previously subscribed you will continue to get new episodes. However, this is a reboot of shows with the loss of 001 to 006 from the feed. Podcast/rss clients handle this differently. For instance in google reader you may see both the old 001 to 011 and the “new” 007 onwards.  Sorry.

All the links you will ever need:

“Bugs”

I noticed that in ITunes that if you search for the podcast in the store (search for msdn) you get identical descriptions for the show unless you expand (click on the “i”):

image

However once subscribed the descriptions appear fine:

image

I also have ended up with duplicate podcasts in ITunes! I’m trying to get them to remove the second before everyone subscribes to it! Use the direct link to be sure http://bit.ly/itunesukmsdn rather than search.