[Blog Map] This blog is inactive. New blog: EricWhite.com/blog
Zeyad is one of the Open XML document format program managers within the Office division, and has started a series of posts on the Open XML SDK V2. His first post on the Open XML SDK V2 tells you want it is (and what it is not), why you would want to use it, provides a number of important links related to the SDK, and describes the important scenarios that the SDK addresses.
Zeyad and I will be presenting together at PDC 2008 on the Open XML SDK.
Is there any Open XML SDK exclusive for silverlight. Please direct me.
Thanks in advance
Just noticed your comment here. What scenario do you have in mind for using the SDK and silverlight together? At this point in time, we are still investigating this open issue.
I have such a question. Whether such operations are possible by using the OpenXML SDK?
1) template with macros (. Dotm) to convert a document with macros (. Docm) insert some data and then call the VBA macro to save (. Docm) as (. Docx)?
2) (. Docx) to convert to a document (. Dox)?
3) (. Docx) to convert to (. Odt) documnet Open Office?
If possible this, please a simple example of how to do 1.2 or 3 point using the OpenXML SDK (programaticaly).
Thanks for your help.
@Lukasz – Here are the answers to your questions:
1. You can use the Open XML SDK to convert to and from different Word Open XML files. For example, you can convert a docx into a docm or a docm into a docx. That being said, you will not be able to access the VBA macros natively using the SDK, since the VBA project is just a binary file
2. If you are asking about docx to doc conversion then I would recommend looking at Word Automation Services. Check out the following blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_office_word/
3. You will need to use the client application to convert docx to odt. Or, you can use a 3rd party tool. The Open XML SDK does not do these types of conversions
For other questions related to the Open XML Sdk, check out the following blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_jones/default.aspx
i m facing problem in picture content control using RTM version of Open XML SDK 2.0
the document generation doesnt respond any error but when opened the output document it gave error that file cant be opened
the same thing was working fine with CTP version
I like your demonstration about Document Assembly: Merging Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Content Together, in this demo we import SmartArt from PowerPoint
i want to ask you if it is possible to import a slide from PowerPoint