After several months of coding, we are proud to announce the beta 2 of MishraReader. This version is a full rewrite of the beta1 to include MVVM and dependencies injection design patterns.
But the major feature of this version is the reshaping of the user interface to support METRO guidelines:
You can grab it freely here (MishraReader is available in french and english):
To use it, just follow these instructions:
On this screen, you just have to type your Google Reader account information and click on [SIGN IN]:
Once connected, you are able to see unread/starred or all posts:
Using the [SHOW] dropdown menu, you can select only the subscription you want to read:
When you are reading a post, you can:
- Open the post inside your favorite browser by clicking on the post title or by using the icon.
- Mar a post as starred with the icon
- Mark the post as read by using the icon
- Share a post on Facebook and Twitter (new services will be available in beta 3) with the icon
- Bookmark a post with the icon (Currently no bookmark services are available but we will add new ones in the beta 3)
Using the settings menu, you can configure different options (don’t forget to click on [SAVE CHANGES]):
In the account screen, you are able to disconnect current account and decide if you want to automatically mark items as read when you select them:
Sharing Services & Bookmark Services
With this screen, you can configure sharing and bookmark services.
MishraReader can use 8 different accent colors that you can select using the Display screen.
You can also choose to:
- Show only posts summary (instead of using a web view of the full post) which is quicker to load
- Use a notification icon and in this case show or hide the main window in the taskbar
The network screen allows you to select:
- the quantity of item downloaded per request (between 10 and 500)
- the automatic refresh interval (between 1 minute and 1 hour)
I hope you will like this version as we worked hard to make it the better feeds reader available!
Do not hesitate to give us your feedbacks using the http://mishrareader.codeplex.com site