A QFE has been released for Expression Encoder v3. The download can be found here:
The QFE contains a significant number of fixes and enhancements including:
· The Audio panel now appears when the user selects two or more media files in the Media Content panel.
· You can now read or write to MP4 files of 4 GB or greater size.
· Audio recordings created using certain USB microphones no longer contain distortion.
· You can successfully encode to MP4 CBR when the bitrate is set to 4.
· Substantial drops in playback bit rates no longer occur during CPU spikes while playing smooth streaming content.
· Smooth Streaming content no longer stutters after 10 or more minutes of full-screen playback in some scenarios.
· Playback of Smooth Streaming content encoded with the VC1 Smooth Streaming 720P VBR preset has been improved.
· You no longer receive an error when repeatedly editing a Silverlight template in Expression Blend 3 using the Edit the template in Expression Blend command.
· You no longer receive an error when playing back Smooth Streaming content from a server that is different from the one where the Silverlight template resides.
· Performance has been improved in the Black Glass template.
· In Live Encoding mode, you can now publish to a publishing point that requires authentication.
· Expression Encoder now includes support for AVC1 files.
· You can now compile the PowerShell code sample from the Expression Encoder SDK when working in Windows 7.
· Running Expression Encoder as a SYSTEM level service no longer causes an exception.
· The Silverlight player no longer crashes when you load a file containing unsupported East Asian characters. You will receive an error message, however, if the player does not support the characters.
· You will now be able to select Adaptive GOP and Closed GOP in the VC-1 Settings options when you have chosen VC-1 Main as your video codec.
· Expression Encoder will now use its native MP4 codec to decode MP4 files, instead of using QuickTime.
· Fixes have been made to better support importing and editing Smooth Streaming files.
· The Expression Encoder Timeline will now display the proper length of imported AVCHD files.
· Playlists and chapters now correctly display when performing offline playback.
· Imported WTV files now play back correctly.
· Seeking has been improved during playback of Smooth Streaming files.
· If you choose the VC-1 Simple profile for encoding, the bitrate in the Video category will now correctly switch to one is valid for the Simple profile.