You are invited to take beta exam 71-563: Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. If you pass the beta exam, the exam credit will be added to your transcript and you will not need to take the exam in its released form. The results will not appear on your transcript until several weeks after the final form of the exam is released. The 71-xxx identifier is used for registering for beta versions of MCP exams, when the exam is released in its final form the 70-xxx identifier is used for registration.
71-563: Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 counts as credit towards the following certification(s).
· Microsoft Certified Professional Developer: Windows Developer 3.5.
Find exam preparation information: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-563.mspx
Registration begins: October 11, 2008
Beta exam period runs: October 13, 2008– October 30, 2008
Receiving this invitation does not guarantee you a seat in the beta; we recommend that you register immediately. Beta exams have limited availability and are operated under a first-come-first-served basis. Once all beta slots are filled, no additional seats will be offered.
Testing is held at Prometric testing centers worldwide, although this exam may not be available in all countries (see Regional Restrictions). All testing centers will have the capability to offer this exam in its live version.
Regional Restrictions: India, Pakistan, China
Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam: DW897 You must register at least 24 hours prior to taking the exam.
To register in North America, please call:
· Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)
Outside the U.S./Canada, please contact:
· Prometric: http://www.register.prometric.com/ClientInformation.asp
Test Information and Support
You are invited to take this beta exam at no charge. You will be given four hours to complete the beta exam. Please plan accordingly.
Thats good !!!
Do you know when the exam 70-564 (ASP NET) will be available ?
It is currently scheduled for October 21.
It will be posted here.
Is the exam 70-564 beta(ASP NET PRO) available now ? what is the promo code that we can use for it ?
It is not available yet. It should start in beta on November 6.
The announcement will be posted on this blog along with the beta code.
I just took the exam yesterday. Two concerns:
1) I completed the exam with over an our of test time left. But the comment period expired on me before I was halfway done going back through the questions, after about 15 minutes. I had notes on several of the latter questions on my Prometric-issued laminated notepaper. One mentioned methods to "identify and intimate" users into licensing, as I recall. I think an "id" is missing, but even so, I don't think anyone goes around advertising that intimidating users is company policy. That question needs serious editing, and so did a few others, but that's the only one I remember that wouldn't give away answers. Please extend the comment timeout on beta exams if possible.
2) I had MCTS:Windows Apps on .NET 2.0. Does completing the Pro:Windows 3.5 exam do anything for me, or do I need to take another exam to be MCPD? Weird cert path, I know, but I couldn't resist the beta.
Thanks for the feedback. I will check on the comment period but you are supposed to have 30 minutes for a beta exam, not 15. As for the editing, thanks for that as well, we will catch that after the beta period and get it fixed.
If you are taking an upgrade exam, then yes, you would get credit for the MCPD and MCTS but because 70-563 is just a standalone Pro exam, ie not an upgrade one, it won't get you and MCPD on Windows without the 70-505 as the prerequisite. Of course, you already have 70-536 taken care of so just one more exam, 70-505 will get you MCTS and MCPD Windows on 3.5.
Thanks. The comment period may have been 30 minutes, it just felt really short. I was trying to reread each question without worrying about having to answer it.
1) I'm still trying to figure out how an upgrade exam would take me from TS'05 to PD'08. Are you saying that we don't have to be a PD to take the PD upgrade exam and get credit, or was that an error?
2) I take it the 70-505 beta was delayed, as it's marked as beginning 11/03. Do you still intend to post that beta code here?
3) I'm a little worried about passing 70-505, as I haven't used LINQ or other new '08 features very much... and I failed 70-526 the first time, mostly because we've always used a report-generation component for printing. Are you primarily looking for beta takers who know the material cold?
Upgrade exams will not take you from TS to PD. The upgrades are intended to move you from one version of the framework to another, but at the same level, ie MCPD to MCPD.
The only exception to this rule is the MCAD to MCPD exams 70-551 and 70-552.
70-505 was not supposed to be posted yet, not sure who messed that one up. Yes, the beta code will be posted here.
For the beta, our preference is to have people who know the technology and can provide a good indication of how well the questions will differentiate between a qualified candidate and one who is not. That is our "ideal" audience. When we open it to the public, there are no guarantees as to who will sit the exam and what their experience is.
Can you please suggest a study guide for 70-563 ? There is no official release of one yet.
I'll let others answer based on their research or experience. We did not create a training kit for this exam.