Now that the Windows Phone is out with its buttery smooth UI, some of you might find the following TIP-SHEET useful.
Most of these you can also find http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/default.aspx
4. Calculator App has three modes. Rotate phone Left to Right or Right to Left to get them.
5. Hold camera button while device is locked to bring up camera without unlocking. For the above the phone doesn’t even have to be turned on (At least on the Focus)
6. Tap and Hold in Picture’s hub to change background and Tile pictures
7. Tap and Hold in Facebook (Contact feed app) to bring up Refresh option
8. Multi finger panning in a list is allowed
9. In maps app, you can pan immediately after pinch/stretch gesture
10. You can hold on a song, artist, album or playlist in Zune app to pin it to Start menu
11. In the PEOPLE hub, hold-tap onto the “people” caption on the very top of the screen. This reveals a SETTINGS dialog from where you can import SIM contacts or change the sorting of your contact list. (I haven’t really found any other dialog where the caption has a context menu…). This is also accessible by doing the following:
From Home screen, swipe left to go into app list
· Tap on settings
· Swipe left to go into “applications” pivot
· Scroll down to “People” and tap on it.
12. You can also voice-dial from the lock screen if you turn on that option (it’s in Speech). Just hold the start button on the lock screen and say “call bob smith” and it does it. Very handy especially when you have the headphones (w/ mic) plugged in since it also works with the button the mic part of the OEM headphones.
13. In the PEOPLE hub where all contacts are listed, you can jump directly to any given letter by tapping onto any caption letters, which brings up the whole alphabet, and then tapping on any other given letter.
14. In the Facebook App – shake the phone to refresh, and get new feeds.
15. In maps, if you tap and hold on a point on the map, it will place a flag on the map that shows the physical street address. You can then select the flag for more options.
16. I flagged my house in maps, then pinned that to the home screen. Now regardless of where I am, I can click on directions from here and get directions home
17. While listening to the radio, in the radio screen, tap and hold to open a context menu that allows you to change the output between earphone and speaker. Also you can tap and hold on the Radio Frequency like 95.5 FM And then Pin it to your start screen.
18. If you have a Zune Pass, if you want to download a song or album on the Marketplace instead of buying it; tap and hold on the song or album to see the menu that includes “download”.
19. Pinning to Home Screen. You can pin almost anything to the home screen or Start screen.e.g..