If you are passionate about spreading the word about the awesomeness of Microsoft’s technologies, programs and partnership opportunities to IT Professionals far and wide,, have we got a job for you. We’re hiring an evangelist to reach the IT Professional communities around the southeast and online. Let me know if you have the skills and the drive to fill this role!
Have you been paying attention to the competitive market dynamics taking place around cloud computing - public, private, hybrid. Do you love technology? Do you like to share your technical knowledge with others? If you are a strong technical talent with experience and passion, our IT Pro Evangelism Team wants to meet you!
The IT Professional Evangelist (ITE) is a member of the East Region Developer and Platform Evangelism (DPE) team tasked with driving IT Professional platform adoption through a variety of channels: events, community groups, industry influencers and online capabilities. This is a highly technical role with the mission of inspiring the broad community of IT professionals and impacting adoption of Microsoft core infrastructure technologies such as Windows Server “8”, System Center, Private cloud, Hyper-V and Virtualization technologies, SQL Server 2012, Windows 7 and other emerging core infrastructure technologies. The ITE leads by example and invests heavily in cultivating productive, influential partners and community leaders.
This role is responsible for:
- Driving next generation virtualization technologies, Windows Server platform and private cloud adoption through evaluations and deployment
- Drive satisfaction with Microsoft, Microsoft tools and Microsoft platform technologies
- Engage the broad IT professional community in partnership with community leaders, industry influencers and online channels
- Deliver IT Pro oriented events/workshops/presentations on the next generation virtualization technologies, Windows Server platform and private cloud technologies
- Partner with other groups within Microsoft to scale the message
Description of experiences desired
Strong candidates should have minimum a 4 year degree, already involved with the IT professional community and experience delivering outstanding presentations to audiences of various sizes along with persuasive communication skills. Candidates should also possess broad familiarity with Microsoft technologies along with competitive platform knowledge and certification in both is desired. Passion for technology with solid knowledge of enterprise global IT requirements and competitive offerings is a must for this role. Moderate travel (20-30%) is anticipated and the preferred location is Washington D.C. or Atlanta, Georgia.