They are new, they are fun, and they are available now! The new SmartList Builder for Dynamics GP 10.0 Templates on CustomerSource and PartnerSource.
A Few Key Highlights:
- There are over 100 templates to choose from.
- Setup to publish to SmartList under the Additional SmartLists
- Very similar if not exactly like the default favorites in SmartList.
- Very similar to the Data Connections that already exist with Dynamics 10.0 SP2, but are using GP tables.
- Find them on the Reports Library page under the SmartList Templates link or here.
Support policy for modifications to SmartList Builder and Excel Report Builder in Microsoft Dynamics GP(KB 921625)
A big thank you to a few of our GP friends, Nicole Albertson, David Bader, Kelly Youells, and eOne Solutions for their help.
PingBack from http://www.gilchristscott.com/blog/2009/have-you-heard-about-the-smartlist-builder-templates/
Not sure you provided the links. Went under Product Releases and could not find the templates there.
Mariano Gomez, MVP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
They are linked under this bullet point on Pam's post:
- Find them on the Reports Library page under the SmartList Templates link or HERE. Thanks!
To use a very a Get Smart's line: "I missed it by that much".
Since these templates will override existing smartlist with the same name, will editing <value> for the Smartlist ID and Smartlist name in the xml file with an xml editor prevent the existing smartlist to be overridden?
You should be able to do this, but it hasn't been tested. You may have to edit the xml file as well. I would recommend entering a support request and talk to a support person.
Anyone have trouble with these templates? I'm trying to use Account Transactions but it does not seem to recognize reversing transaction in the correct GL period. Trx Date matches original entry date, but on a reversing entry it should be the first of the following month.