Home Page Metrics
Why this feature is cool!
The metrics, charts, and KPI’s that are available on the Microsoft Dynamics GP Home Pages now leverage SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports. This enables greater flexibility for our customers in regards to the metrics that are displayed and how they can be accessed.
· Metrics built using Office Web Components are still available to the users
· Customers can choose SQL Server Reporting Services as their metric source
· Over 100 fully customizable metrics that can appear on the Microsoft Dynamics GP Home Page
· Companies can easily create their own metrics they want displayed on the Home Page
· Metrics are part of the SQL Server Reporting Services Deployment Wizard
· Metrics may be deployed to SQL Reporting Services in either Native or SharePoint mode
· Reporting Services metrics will appear in the SQL Reporting Services Report List; making them available to add as links on the Home Page
· All metrics are available to use in Business Portal as well
· Users can display multiple metrics on the Home Page at one time, or display just one at a time with the option to scroll through the metrics
What does it look like?
Reporting Tools Setup window (Microsoft Dynamics GP>>Tools>>Setup>>System>>Reporting Tools Setup)
Microsoft Dynamics GP Home Page (with multiple metrics displayed)
Users can customize the metrics they see using the Metrics Details window (Customize this Page link on the home page>>Customize Home Page>>Metrics Expansion)
Can you tell me what makes the Charts and KPIs option appear on the Reporting Tools setup screen? We are GP 10 (sp3) and have SQL Reporting Services configured, but this option is not available.
This feature (along with ALL of the Feature of the Day posts) are only available in our upcoming release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. These are not currently available on version 10.0 or earlier releases. Sorry for any confusion,
I should have picked up on all of the future tense words in the posts. Great information and several things to look forward to. Please keep it up!
As your are familiar with the information on metrics do you know if there is a way to verify the information that is being displayed net sales vrs cost for the last 12 months
I want this now...