Hmmm, this is exactly the kind of job that some of you web/blog gurus could get excited about, right? When I joined Microsoft, Microsoft.com was the first group I recruited for (and definitely one of my favorites). They have a site manager position open. If you are interested or have more questions, contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's the description...
Working on Microsoft.com - the #1 corporate Web site in the world - you interact with Microsoft's customers and partners every day: sharing ideas and enabling relationships that help them realize their full potential. Do you have the skills, vision, and imagination to lead a team working to transform the network into a world-class, highly relevant, and engaging experience for the over 200-million people worldwide who visit us each month? If so, we're looking for you!
The Group Site Manager will lead and develop a team of high-performing site managers responsible for planning and managing the long-term vision and interim releases for key, high-profile components of the network, including: the Microsoft.com home page, Microsoft.com's search engine and experience, and the cross-network navigational strategy. You will be responsible for creating the overarching business strategy, building strong global partnerships with critical cross-company stakeholders, and ensuring ongoing progress and development on the network. This challenging opportunity requires you to delight customers - our #1 goal being customer satisfaction - and balance their needs with the priorities of our business.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Managing a team of high-performing Site Managers, defining clear objectives, and contributing to their long-term professional growth at Microsoft;
• Determining the business strategy for the cross-network plan and leading the development of business requirements that will enable its creation from prototype to pilot to final release;
• Establishing and rolling out a plan for worldwide adoption;
• Defining success metrics, implementing a plan to measure them, and consistently reporting progress against them;
• Analyzing, understanding, and applying your knowledge of industry, competitive, and marketplace trends;
• Driving, delivering, and executing a global, cross-company communications plan that enables collaboration, effectively informs stakeholders, and helps drive ongoing innovation.
The qualified candidate will:
• Have demonstrated success leading people and project managing multi-faceted Web launches that exceed expectations;
• Require experience managing, designing, and publishing high-trafficked Web sites with daily update schedules;
• Possess top-notch oral and written communication skills and confidence presenting to large groups and senior executives;
• Be passionate about the Web, Microsoft technologies, and, most importantly, our customers;
• Solidly understand Web site technologies, architecture, and services, plus be able to apply key marketing principles;
• Thrive in a highly collaborative environment, where innovation, determination, trust, and transparency are valued;