This position’s primary responsibility is to drive research design, execution and analysis activities related to Microsoft’s global customer and satisfaction measurement program.
This position requires demonstrated effectiveness in driving large program execution, high efficiency in a collaborative team environment and ability to manage a core set of suppliers and vendors. The person in this position will collaborate continuously with other researchers and business stakeholders.
In this role, the Research Manager will take business priorities as communicated by business stakeholders and use them to develop, execute and present the results of an integrated research design. Includes activities such as:
· Manage project execution – collection of primary and secondary data points, survey design, planning, execution, vendor management
· Deliver regular updates in a consistent and consumable form for non-researchers
· Prepare analysis reports and present at appropriate points to stakeholders
· Identify implications of research findings and publish those insights within Microsoft
· Advise and influence stakeholder business decisions based on research results
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree ideally with experience involving Statistics or Quantitative Methods (Master’s preferred). You'll have a minimum of 5 years of business experience that includes the development of large research systems on an international scale and strong project management experience, preferably technology related. Experience with satisfaction measurement is strongly preferred. Experience with competitive intelligence is a plus.
The candidate must have a strong theoretical and practical knowledge of measurement systems design, in particular the ability to answer business questions by taking metrics, synthesizing data and turning it into actionable business insights. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, analytical, and PowerPoint skills are also required.
· Demonstrated concise, effective communication both spoken and written.
· Demonstrated ability to form strong working relationships with all levels of customers and co-workers.
· Ability to handle a large variety of tasks simultaneously.
· Ability to handle ambiguity, high workload, and extreme amounts of detail.
· Ability to work successfully in a matrixed organization
· Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
(Please send resumes to Heather.Hamilton@microsoft.com)