I keep saving things in my bloglines account that are cool, but not enough for a full blog post. Now I understand why people do a weekly link dump. I can't do it weekly. I spend much less time in bloglines now than I used to. Anyway, some cool stuff I found online:
1) Darren talks about finding your single friends on facebook as a set-up tool. He can't find single females, I am traumatized by a few bad set-ups in the past (please....you don't want to know and you wouldn't believe me if I told you). Honestly, I am really tired of telling people that they are free to set me up when they ask "why are you still single?". That's a better answer than "dating seems to go well until I bring them home and they see my doll collection/the human heads in my freezer"
2) Weezer's web 2.0 video. I love Weezer. Saw them in concert around 98 or 99.
Wonder if anyone captured all the original videos that are spoofed in here.
3) Speaking of platitudes...
4) Everyone has a story of an e-mail mistake. Make yourself feel better by laughing at ones that didn't affect YOUR career. Thinkbeforeyousend.com.
(Tip: freakanomics blog)
5) Charles and Hudson: answering all those questions you have about your home. Like how to fix a running toilet and installing crown molding with ease.
6) Unclutterer. Where do I start?
a) An argument against multi-tasking
b) Business meetings. Love this because I am the person known to say "this shouldn't be a meeting, it should be an e-mail."
c) Information processing and organization.
d) Two things are keeping me from getting this: they don't make Tecate mini kegs and I'm trying to move away from unitasker or rarely used appliances. It is cool though.
e) Writing in books that aren't yours. Brills.
7) Cereal box turned speaker on Lifehacker. I would totally do this if I was a 23 year old hipster and had any kind of technical skills. Oh, and if I ate cereal that came in cool boxes (I don't).
8) My favorite food p0rn blogs with pretty food pics and great recipes:
a) Start cooking: I made this recently for a get-together and it was a hit. Rationalization is easy when there is something green involved.
b) Smitten kitchen: the best food photos ever. I made these grown up cookies. Yum (next time I make them, I am reducing the sugar by 1/4 cup). Have we talked about my salt obsession? And some day when I am feeling naughty, I am going to make this.
That's it. I feel unburdened. More link dumpage in the future.