I'm pleased to announce that after months of blood, sweat and toil, the MS Filter Pack is finally available !!! The package can be downloaded from :
The filter pack includes the following IFilters:
· Metro (.docx, .docm, .pptx, .pptm, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb)
· Zip (.zip)
· OneNote (.one)
· Visio (.vdx, .vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, .vtx)
· SPS2003, MOSS2007, Search Server 2008, Search Server 2008 Express
· Exchange 2005
· SQL 2005, SQL 2008
· Windows Desktop Search 3.01, WDS 4
· The Filter Pack installs the above IFilters on the machine
· Each IFilter is registered with Windows Indexing Service
· Each product above has a corresponding KB to describe how to register the filters
“I noticed <product X> is not listed as a supported product, why is it not included?”
- When we created the project plan we came up with the list of Microsoft Search products that we would be supporting. During the project lifecycle we’ve tested to ensure that the Filter Pack works properly with each of these products. We will work to determine if any new Search products can be supported in the future.
“Is the Filter Pack localized for <language y>?”
- The Filter Pack will be localized in 36 different languages (see below). It has been passed off for localization – details will be posted as they become available. At the time of release (12/18), the Filter Pack will available in en-us only.
Fully Localized SKU Languages
Language Pack Languages
“Is the Filter Pack available for x64/x86?”
- The Filter Pack will be available in both x64 and x86 – there are two separate downloads (same location).
“What about the Tiff/MODi IFilter”
- Unfortunately, at the time of release, the TIFF filter is not shipped with the Filter Pack. We do understand how important
the issue is for our customers and will be working on providing an alternative solution.