MICROSOFT INFOPATH 2010 SOLUTION VIDEO CONTEST
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft InfoPath 2010 Technical Beta Solution contest promotion will operate (“Contest”).
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to create a video demo of a business application built by the entrant using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. For purposes of this Contest, each video demo you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the prizes described below.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on 12/1/2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on 2/28/2010 (“Entry Period”).
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
· You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, or Canada 18 years of age or older; and
o If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Contest; and
· You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY?
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
· Demo must be less than 6 minutes in length
· Demo must show an application built by you using at least InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010
· Upon submitting the URL to your demo via email, you must provide a short description (1 or 2 paragraphs) describing your application and the business problem it is designed to solve.
· your entry must be your own original work; and
· your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
· you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
· your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
· is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
· promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
· is obscene or offensive;
· defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
· communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
HOW WILL MY ENTRY BE POTENTIALLY USED?
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you:
· are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest; and (ii) feature your entry and all into content in connection with the promotion of this Contest in all media (now known or later developed);
· agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above;
· understand and acknowledge that the Promotion Parties may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry;
· understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law;
· understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on one or more websites selected by us for viewing by visitors to those websites. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to these websites. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
HOW DO I ENTER?
In order to submit an entry to the contest, you must do the following:
1. Upload your video to a publicly-viewable location, such as http://www.youtube.com or http://www.vimeo.com
2. Send mail to email@example.com with the name and URL of the video(s) you uploaded, plus a description of the solution that you show in the video. If you are submitting multiple entries, you only need to send one email describing each entry.
All Entries will be judged in the following categories:
· Best overall solution
· Best use of InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 features
· Most elegant solution design
· Best presentation
We will only accept three (3) entries per person.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
· Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of the Entry Period, a panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select one (1) winner in each of the Contest Categories based upon judging criteria described below.
Judging Criteria: Best overall solution
· 35% - Fit - how appropriate is the solution to the specific business problem?
· 30% - Polish - how complete is the implementation?
· 35% - Difficulty - Technical complexity of the business problem.
Judging Criteria: best use of InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 features
· 65% - Feature usage - How many key new technologies and features are used?
· 35% - Fit – How appropriate is the solution to the specific business problem
Judging criteria: Most elegant solution design
· 50% - user experience - how seamless and elegant is the user experience for users of the solution?
· 50% - visual design - how well are the visual elements of the form and overall solution executed?
Judging criteria: Best presentation
· 50% - Content - presentation, voice-over, titles, music, and visuals
· 50% - Production - editing and special effects
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than described above.
In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, an additional judge will break the tie based on the judging criteria described above. The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than the number of Contest Prizes described below.
Best overall solution Category:
One (1) Grand Prize. An XBox 360 Elite Video Game System. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $300.00.
Best use of InfoPath 2010 and SharePoint 2010 features category:
One (1) Grand Prize. An 8gb Zune in a color of our choice. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $150.00
Most elegant solution design:
One (1) Grand Prize. An InfoPath-branded North Face jacket, size Large. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $100.00
One (1) Grand Prize. A signed copy of “Designing forms for Microsoft Office InfoPath and Forms Services 2007” Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $40.00
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $590.00
While all entries will be considered for each category listed above, we will only award one (1) prize per person overall.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Contest you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
· That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at http://blogs.msdn.com/infopath. This list will remain posted until 3/28/2010.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052