This August, we're excited to announce a DeforestACTION Educator Webinar Series! We have two exciting sessions for you to join to learn more and hear from other educators already engaging with the program.
Webinar 1: Introduction to DeforestACTION
During this session, we will share the global learning opportunities associated with DeforestACTION. By showcasing the various educational resources, social media and technology tools, you can learn more about this opportunity to help students develop global competencies through international collaborations. In particular, you will:
- Learn more about the DeforestACTION virtual learning platform and educational resources that students use to engage in online, collaborative learning about deforestation with their global peers;
- Become familiar with the online collaboration spaces used by the DeforestACTION community, which leverages social networking technology to allow students to collaborate and showcase school awareness and fundraising initiatives to a global audience;
- Become familiar with Earthwatchers, which allows students across the planet to monitor forests via satellite imagery and provide usable intelligence to stop deforestation, and;
- Watch clips of online events and student-produced videos that share accomplishments of schools around the world taking DeforestACTION.
This webinar will have four sessions:
Session 1: Monday, August 13th - Best for Europe/Asia Pacific Region
- UTC+10 hours - Brisbane - 8:00pm - Jakarta - 5:00pm - London - 11:00am
Session 2: Tuesday, August 14th - Best for Americas
- UTC-4 hours - New York - 3:00pm - Jakarta - 2:00am (following day) - Brisbane - 5:00am (following day)
Session 3: Tuesday, August 14th - Best for Europe/Asia Pacific Region
Session 4: Thursday, August 16th - Best for Americas
Webinar 2: DeforestACTION Master Class
During this session, hear from other DeforestACTION educators currently involved in the program. The will be sharing their experiences on how they got involved, the projects their schools undertook, and the benefits of this type of program for teaching and learning. Ask questions, network with other educators, and become inspired to begin your DeforestACTION journey!
This webinar will have 2 sessions:
Session 1: Monday, August 20th - Best for Europe/Asia Pacific Region
Session 2: Tuesday, August 21st - Best for Americas
Register now to participate!