By entering the Microsoft Iron Architect Contest (the “Contest”) you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Open to residents of the 50 United States (includes D of C) are attending TechEd 2006 in Boston, MA. Employees of Microsoft Corporation, and their affiliates, parent companies, participating vendors, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and anyone working directly on this program, product and promotion and the immediate family members or those living in the same household of each (“Sponsor and Administrators”) are not eligible to enter.
2. CONTEST DESCRIPTION. The Contest is skill-based, and the object is to provide the best answers to a series of technical questions. For purposes of this Contest each submission in answer to the problem is called your “entry.”
3. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:01 AM PST on April 28, 2006 and ends at 11:59 PM PST on June 16, 2006 (“Entry Period”). All entries must be received prior to the close of the Contest Entry Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER. No purchase necessary. To enter visit the ARC track lounge at TechEd and pick up the contest description. Each entry should consider the judging criteria. Entries can be in any form the participant chooses to enter as long as the entry covers the criteria below. Participants are encouraged to think creatively.
All entries submitted must be original, must not have been previously published, released or distributed and must have been created and owned exclusively by the entrant submitting the creation. All submissions may be posted on a publicly accessible web site following the contest. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability for any infringement of any 3rd parties rights in any submission caused by any entrant.
Limit 1 unique entry per person. Subsequent entries submitted by the same Entrant in excess of the limit will be disqualified.
4. JUDGING: A panel of Microsoft MVP judges will review eligible entries based on the following criteria and select one winning team:
· Lifecycle Process
· Organizational Dynamics
· Technology Depth
· Technology Breadth
The decisions of these judges are final and binding. Judges will select the winners, on or about June 16, 2006, and will collect the required Forms discussed in “Section 6” below. Given a qualified number of entries are received, up to, but no more than one team of winners will be chosen.
5. ENTRIES PROPERTY OF SPONSOR. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and Administrators and will not be returned. By submitting your Entry, you grant Sponsor and Administrators an irrevocable royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to use, publish, alter or otherwise exploit your Entry. You hereby forever release the Sponsor and Administrators from any and all claims you might have in connection with their use and exhibit of your Entry as set forth above. You also agree to sign (your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor in your state of residence) any necessary documentation to effectuate that license and release. If you do not want to grant Sponsor and Administrators the foregoing, please do not enter the Contest. Sponsor and Administrators are not obligated to use the Entry, even if it has been selected as a Winning entry.
6. WINNERS’ NOTIFICATION. Participants must be available to participate in the Iron Architect show down on Friday, June 16th. Winners will be required to provide Sponsor with an Affidavit of Eligibility / Liability / Publicity release. If a minor (under age 18) is declared a winner then any and all affidavits and release forms must all be signed by the parent or legal guardian before minor may be declared a “Winner.” If winner does not reply to such notification, the notification is undeliverable, and/or the Forms are not returned (completed and signed) within 10 days of prize notification, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected based upon the judging criteria. Prizes will be awarded within approximately 90 days of notification.
(1) Winner will receive one free Architect Certification (MCA) testing process. It is the responsibility of the winner to qualify for the Certification program. Winning only includes paying for the certification. The winner will have to qualify for the certification program before completing the testing. (Estimated Retail Value $10,000 each)
No substitution or transfer of prize permitted, except by the sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. The Sponsor and Administrators are not responsible for any damages or injury incurred by any entrant and/or his or her companions as a result of winning. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. This Contest is void where prohibited. This Contest is governed by Washington law, and you (hereafter, “you” means your parent or legal guardian if you are a minor) agree to accept jurisdiction and venue in the Courts of the State of Washington. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and Administrators to use that winner’s name, likeness, picture and Entry without additional compensation unless and where prohibited by law. By entering this Contest you agree to and hereby release and hold harmless Sponsor and Administrators from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, use or license of your Entry, or any prize. If you do not want to grant the foregoing release, please do not enter the Contest.
Your entry must be your own original work. By submitting your Entry in the Contest, you represent and warrant that it is your sole original work, and that you have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your Entry and comply with all of these Official Rules, including obtaining the written consent of all 3rd parties, where applicable. You waive any claim of infringement (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade name, trade secret, etc.) against the Sponsor and Administrators or their licensees based upon access to or use of your Entry. In the event of any dispute regarding who is the entrant that submitted an email Entry, the potential winner must provide sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning Entry.
9. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor and Administrators are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Administrators, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify the or suspend the Contest.
10. OTHER. This Contest is void where prohibited. Illegible, unintelligible or incomplete Entries will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may disqualify any entrants from the Contest who deliberately damage, tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
11. WINNERS LIST: The name of the winner will be posed online at http://blogs.msdn.com/ironarchitect after June 20, 2006, and will remain posted until July 20, 2006.
12. SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052.