Omer has updated his Onetastic addin to combine a lot of the most common requests I get for sorting sections, tables and other content in OneNote. Here is the text of the email I got from him:
…There are six new macros are available that can be readily used and demonstrate the feature:
· Sort Pages: Sort pages in current section by name, preserves page/subpage hierarchy
· Sort Pages by Date: Sort pages in current section by created or last modified date, ascending or descending
· Sort Sections: Sort sections in current Notebook by name
· Sort Notebooks: Sort open notebooks by name
· Sort Paragraphs: Sort selected paragraphs or list items alphabetically or numerically, preserves list hierarchy
· Sort Table: Sort selected column or the whole table alphabetically or numerically, ascending or descending
See how Sort macro command works, and how to build custom sort macros at the latest blog post here. To download this Onetastic update, visit the download page.
Sweet work – if you have not installed Onetastic be sure to hop over to his site and get this addin. You will be pleasantly surprised with all the functionality it has!
Questions, comments, concerns and criticisms always welcome, John