Just got this in my inbox.
Come to one of the upcoming workshops at the Atlanta Microsoft Office to hear RDA present on SharePoint 2003 on Oct 28 at 9:00 am and BizTalk 2004 on Oct 28 at 1:00 pm.
Date: Thursday, October 28, 2004
Time: 9:00 am (SharePoint 2003) and 1:00 pm (BizTalk 2004)
Where: Microsoft’s Atlanta Office
How to Register: http://www.rdacorp.com/Technicalcontent/registration.asp
Introduction to SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) 2003: A general introduction, including:
· What is Windows SharePoint Services?
· Windows 2003 Server Licensing
· SPS Primary Features: Team Sites, Document Collaboration, Document Versioning, Office 2003 Integration.
· Collaboration: Sites, Document Libraries, Document Workspaces.
· Integration: Web Parts and Adding Web Parts to Sites
· Personalization: Apply Theme, Setting Web Part Properties
· Administration: Site Settings, WSS Settings.
Introduction to Windows SharePoint Services (WSS): A general introduction to WSS, the differences between WSS and SPS and WSS features:
· Differences Between SPS and WSS
· WSS Additional Features
o Site organization and navigation
o Content topics, targeted news
o Personalized sites
o Content search
o Organization-wide alerts
o Enterprise application integration (Single Sign-On).
· Office 2003 Integration with SharePoint
· Portal Customization and Configuration
· Building Solutions with SharePoint
o Introduction to Web Parts
o Web Parts and Connections.
· Office Solution Accelerators High Level Overview
Introduction to E-Business and BizTalk
A general introduction to E-Business concepts and to BizTalk 2004.
· E-Business Integration
o Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
o Business to Business (B2B)
o Business Process Management (BPM)
· BizTalk 2004: What’s new in BizTalk 2004, a high level discussion of the typical solution flow, supported standards, and architecture
The Developer Experience
The BizTalk development environment and key functionality.
· Developer Experience: Tours the BizTalk Development Environment
· Demonstration: BizTalk Visual Studio 2003 development environment
o Schema Editor and Mapper
o Orchestration Designer
o Deployment Wizard
o Message Delivery Test
· XML Web Services: Present BizTalk’s enhanced support of Web Services
· Demonstration: How to easily consume and publish Web Services
Security and Scalability
Discuss BizTalk’s security features and methods for scalability.
· Security: Authentication and Enterprise Single Sign-on
· Scale Out: Application and database server scalability and fault tolerance
The Information Worker Experience
What does BizTalk offer to the Information Worker from a feature and configurability perspective?
· Business Process and Rule Definition: The Business Process design environment, and the Business Rule editor
o Business Rules Editor
o Using Business Rules in an Orchestration
· InfoPath, Business Activity Monitoring (BAM), and Human-Based Workflow: Methods for the Business Analyst and Information Worker to configure, monitor, and interact with BizTalk
The IT Professional/Administrator Experience
Ways for the IT Professional to monitor and control the environment.
· Tracking, Debugging, and Administration
o System Administration Console
o Health and Activity Tracking (HAT)
o Orchestration Debugging
Trading Partner Management
BizTalk’s built-in mechanisms to manage very large numbers of trading partners