Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS) is designed to manage and optimize customer implementations – powered by Azure. The customer creates project workspaces for implementation, upgrade and maintenance activities, and will invite implementation experts from partner organizations and Microsoft into these workspaces for the execution of related activities. Partners will be able to create projects for learning and presales purposes. This enables partners to build out expertise around LCS, and demonstrate this in sales cycles.
Take it for a test drive at https://lifecycleservices.dynamics.com or https://lcs.dynamics.com.
Overview of what’s available in LCS V1:
· Customer-managed collaboration workspace
· Cloud-based, secure environment
· Project management using SureStep or other methodologies
· Project-specific dashboard
· Tools & data that connect multiple lifecycle phases to enable better decision making by key stakeholders
Business process modeler
· Aligns industry processes (APQC) with process maps for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
· Create cross-functional flowcharts based on rich metadata.
· Map processes & perform fit-gap analysis.
· Integration between BPM & RapidStart.
· Quickly generate documents and flowcharts using the updated TaskRecorder (KB#2863182).
CODE & UPGRADE ANALYSIS
· Leverages a cloud-based rule engine to analyze code and identify potential best practice, performance and upgradeability issues.
· Generates actionable reports in Excel & HTML that can be imported into MorphX IDE as actionable to-do’s for developers.
License sizing estimator
· Estimate how many licenses you need (CAL)
· Model the effect of custom roles on license needs.
· Get automatic CAL-level estimates
· Model user & batch loads.
· See graphic representation of load volumes.
· Identify a starting point for infrastructure sizing.
· Search a repository of reported, in-progress & fixed issues.
· Identify specific code objects & lines of code affected by hotfixes.
· Get notifications for issue status changes, and new fixes for AX functional areas.
· Automate & monitor health checks for AX ecosystem.
· Collect data from AX environments.
· Evaluate data against pre-defined rules
· Generate reports to provide actionable corrective actions