I just released a new version of my Twitter Analyzer application on Code Gallery:
Please install the following prerequisites before running the application:
There are four aspects to this WPF Twitter application:
Here’s a walkthrough example, using the tool to analyze Visual Studio 2010 trending topics.
1. Load the application and search for “vs2010”. (Click “Search”)
2. Identify top trending keywords on vs2010. (Click “Find Trends”)
3. Learn more about a specific trend. (Click “launch” in the trend keyword cloud.)
4. Export the filtered results to a spreadsheet. (Click “Generate Excel from Grid”)
5. Save the query. (File –> Save File. Save to “TwitterAnalyzer\Saved Searches” subdirectory in the solution.)
The remaining steps show how to use Twitter Analyzer to perform different filters on Twitter results, using IronPython and Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR) integration.
6. Open a saved file. (File –> Open File. Select “lisafeig-9.xml” from “TwitterAnalyzer\Saved Searches” subdirectory in the solution.)
7. Filter to tweets mentioning “video”. (Type “video” in the Filter textbox and Click “Filter!”)
8. Use python urllib library to filter items based on keywords in the tweet, as well as any webpage referenced. (Type “AsParallel” in the Filter textbox and Click “URL Filter!”)
NOTE: This operation is computationally intensive, so please test on smaller data sources first.
9. Clear the filter to return to the original results. (Click “Clear”.)
10. Use Python scripting to write a custom filter. Type the following in the Filter textbox and Click “Process Python!”:
"lisafeig" in Tweet.User and "#tee09" in Tweet.Message