Here, There, Everywhere...
We've been listening to your feedback here and on the forum, and made a number of bug fixes and changes to better suit you. The update will be published later today. You may notice a slowdown in service or some display issues (missing icons, folders slow or not synchronizing) while the servers update. If you are still seeing these problems after the 20th, please report them!
To install the new version
· Use Live Mesh! New updates will automatically apply when you log in.
Tell us what you think
· Read and participate in the forums for current discussions about fixes, problems, and ways people are incorporating Live Mesh into their daily routines.
Invite your friends and family
· Share a folder with your family or friends so they can experience Live Mesh, too.
What we fixed
· News not appearing until a second person has logged in.
· Fixed date format and removed region requirement. You still need to set your OS language to English.
· User names with non-US-ASCIIcharacters are now supported.
· Fixed device appearing offline in the notifier but showing online on your Live Desktop.
· Fixed synchronization failure when the network is unavailable.
· Fixed the Windows Explorer crash when folders were closed
· Fixed the Windows XP “Roaming Desktop Icons” issue with Live Mesh Remote Desktop.
· Fixed the mesh bar not always opening when you open a Live Mesh folder
· Fixed the “I’m interested in” in your Windows Live ID profile to be correctly viewed. No longer will you be “searching for love and romance” when you really wanted “Enterprise Networking.”
· Fixed logs not being collected when your Windows XP login name has a space in it
· Fixed SilverLight version error with the Beta release
· Fixed SilverLight Play and Pause buttons being swapped around
· Fixed login names with a single character domain (livemesh @ m.com) not working correctly
Thank you for your time and participation!
This update fixed the date format problem. Since i've been using Live Mesh that my date format was in US-English. Today i switch back to Portuguese. Thanks.
But i still need my OS in English. When will this be fixed also?
Live Mesh is awsome. Congratulations.
You say you have removed the region requirement. Do this mean you will start inviting non-us folks to the tech preview?
hi team, im Italian,
Pls i can recive Invite??
i have Vista ultimate with sp1 English (Mui Italian)
i wait in connect to some some time :(
it's possible recive invite??
THX (excuse me my poor english )
yes PLS. many many thx!!!!!!!!!
Does this mean you will start rolling this out to an more countries than the US?
I'm really digging Mesh and can't wait to do more with it.
And thanks for the roaming desktop icon fix. That was really bugging me... (LOL. Sometimes it's the little things... ;)
This is fantastic! Thank you for all the hard work your team is putting in to this.
My team has been trying out mesh for and everyone was grumpy about the desktop icons on XP issue. I'm on Vista so I didn't have the problem.
I want to try Live mesh!
If someone have invitation...;)
max_h_91 (AT) live.ca
When the next beta???
PLEASE remove the requirement for UAC. If I don't want UAC, that's my business, and should not stop me from using Live Mesh.. I currently don't use it for this one very import reason. Boo.
Yes! We will begin inviting people from English-speaking, non-US countries soon! (Though, unfortunately, we are unable to provide a timeline for including non-English-speaking countries.)
You may want to look (or may have already looked) at our blog entry on the UAC requirement, and the comments that follow.
The good news is that the UAC requirement is being removed. We're just not *quite* ready to do so yet. We will make an announcement on the blog when the UAC requirement has been lifted.
My Vista is English version but this updat still show same error. It want english version of vista. I think you show the wrong error, only date time and unicode is non-eng but the OS is Eng.
Still no install for a Server OS?
取り急ぎ昨日の更新でいくつかの制限が解除され、ようやく日本からもサインナップできるようになりました。 Live Mesh Team Blog ただ Live M...
Thanks! I will be looking forward to a UAC-free Live Mesh.