Here, There, Everywhere...
We've been listening to your feedback here and on the forum, and made a number of bug fixes and changes to better suit you. The update will be published later today. You may notice a slowdown in service or some display issues (missing icons, folders slow or not synchronizing) while the servers update. If you are still seeing these problems after the 20th, please report them!
To install the new version
· Use Live Mesh! New updates will automatically apply when you log in.
Tell us what you think
· Read and participate in the forums for current discussions about fixes, problems, and ways people are incorporating Live Mesh into their daily routines.
Invite your friends and family
· Share a folder with your family or friends so they can experience Live Mesh, too.
What we fixed
· News not appearing until a second person has logged in.
· Fixed date format and removed region requirement. You still need to set your OS language to English.
· User names with non-US-ASCIIcharacters are now supported.
· Fixed device appearing offline in the notifier but showing online on your Live Desktop.
· Fixed synchronization failure when the network is unavailable.
· Fixed the Windows Explorer crash when folders were closed
· Fixed the Windows XP “Roaming Desktop Icons” issue with Live Mesh Remote Desktop.
· Fixed the mesh bar not always opening when you open a Live Mesh folder
· Fixed the “I’m interested in” in your Windows Live ID profile to be correctly viewed. No longer will you be “searching for love and romance” when you really wanted “Enterprise Networking.”
· Fixed logs not being collected when your Windows XP login name has a space in it
· Fixed SilverLight version error with the Beta release
· Fixed SilverLight Play and Pause buttons being swapped around
· Fixed login names with a single character domain (livemesh @ m.com) not working correctly
Thank you for your time and participation!
I got my invite over the weekend. Ditched Foldershare and am now using Mesh and I'm very impressed.
I have a Windows HomeServer and, great as it is, one thing that would make Mesh more worthwhile would be to have a HomeServer client so I could automatically sync my music and photos to it (and then my 360 can access my updated library).
Could you let us know when UAC ... might ... be ready (just a heads up... like "we hope to get it in the next week (month, year?)"
Oh yeah, btw... If you turn on UAC... install mesh... set it to auto run... uninstall UAC... it still runs even though you don't thinik it does :)
I can log into my home machine via the remote desktop part... (which is Vista with UAC turned off), the only part that isn't working is the folder sync stuff.
I was keen to see what this was all about, I'm very impressed.
I see very big potential for this, it will help me slove issues with my parents computer once i add them ( there some 400kms away from me), using the remote conection technlology.
Install went well no issues so far, just getting use to it.
Here's a great vid for you all,
Just CP it.
When I saw the name of this particular technology ( Live Mesh ), I admit that the image it inspired was
Hey it all updates just fine, just on restarting explorer mesh wasn't fully updated as it had promised me! I had to manually close it and reopen it for the update to be applied.