Are you ready to have presence in the Windows 8 ecosystem? If YES, apps – more specifically your apps – are the heart of Windows 8. Windows 8 Consumer Preview has already been downloaded millions of times by people in more than 200 markets. Recently, we announced that our next Windows 8 milestone, the Windows Release Preview, will be made available the first week of June 2012.
We are excited to announce that the Application Excellence (AE) Lab is open for registration. These Application Excellence Labs are sponsored by Microsoft Malaysia’s Local Software Innovation (LSI) team.
Microsoft wants developers to be able to get their apps into the Windows Store as easily and quickly as possible. What happens at the AE Lab is that you get the opportunity to verify your app and get the insights of what it takes to publish onto Windows Store by a trained Microsoft Services Engineer.
I have an idea/existing app or website to be reimagined as a Metro style appon Windows 8, what’s next?
1) Attend an upcoming Windows 8 workshop (Ideation / Hands-On Lab) or take in the great app-building content from the Windows 8 Developer Center to learn the fundamentals of building a great Metro style app. Local workshops are published on this Blog, at our Facebook / Twitter, and in our FREE monthly MSDN Malaysia Flash newsletter. Stay tuned for updates!
I’m ready and trained! What’s next?
1) Create a great Windows 8 Metro style app (or game) immediately.
2) You can write to email@example.com to get in touch with your Windows 8 champs in Microsoft Malaysia and ask them to nominate your app for an AE lab slot. The closing date for nomination is 21 May 2012, Monday.
Please include the following information:
☞ Tell us more and creatively so that we can understand and nominate you!
3) Your pledge that you’ve spent at least 8 hours devouring all the great UX guidelines we have at the design section in the Windows Dev Center.
☞ Okay, you don’t really have to make a pledge, but we highly recommend that you review the guidelines and get your app really polished
4) Wait for our response letting you know if your app has been nominated for an AE Lab slot, and how to register for your AE lab slot.
I am invited to the AE Lab, but I need guidance on my Metro design and development
1) You need not worry, just attend our 1:1 Metro style design/development clinic where by you can discuss your app design and development issues (if any) with the subject-matter experts such as Microsoft Windows 8 champs, and Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs). They can provide advice and guidance to you while you are designing/developing your Metro style app. The clinic is a 2-hour engagement with the subject-matter experts and this consultation is absolutely FREE.
2) The link to the clinic would be sent to you together with the AE Labs registration
I am really interested! When are the 1:1 Metro style design/development clinic and the AE Lab?
1) 1:1 Metro style design/development clinic – week of 14 May, and week of 21 May
2) Application Excellence (AE) Lab– week of 28 May
Good luck. We are looking forward to seeing your apps and helping you to make them great! Happy Windows 8 coding!!
Good News!! If you had missed the above AE Lab, you can join the AE Lab #2 on 25th to 29th June 2012. For more details about AE Lab #2, click here.