Microsoft Azure Technical Support for MSDN, TechNet or MPN Users and Partners
When you purchase a MSDN, TechNet or MPN subscription, you are entitled for submitting technical support incidents. You can use those for creating Windows Azure technical incidents.
Below is the summary of subscription name, levels and technical support incidents you are entitled to with a subscription.
Technical support incidents
MSDN Operating Systems
Visual Studio Professional with MSDN
Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN
Visual Studio Premium with MSDN
Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN
Please visit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/subscriptions/buy.aspx for updated information.
TechNet Professional with Media
Please visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/subscriptions/dn261809.aspx for updated information.
Microsoft Partner Network (MPN)
Please visit https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/us/Pages/Support/benefits-and-incidents.aspx?Page=IncidentsBenefitsControlJsonP for updated information.
Program Benefits for Microsoft Azure Technical Support
Azure Subscription Management and Billing support is provided free of charge with your Azure subscription, and can be accessed via the Azure Management Portal – Contact Support page. Simply select “Billing” under Support Type and click “Create Ticket”.
However, some Microsoft Programs give you access to Azure Technical Support benefits that can be used to get access to break-fix technical support. The following programs are part of the Azure Benefits Support:
Each of these programs will give you a different level of support benefits, from response times to number of incidents that can be submitted. Please check the details of each program from the links above for more information.
Other Azure Benefits provided by Microsoft Programs
Some programs like MSDN and BizSpark Plus also give you other Azure Benefits, like monthly usage credits, free services and discounted consumption rates.
How to Open an Azure Technical Support Request from the Azure Management Portal
Technical Support requests can be created from the Azure Management Portal following the below steps. Support using benefits is also available from the new Azure Preview Portal.
1. On the top right-hand side of the portal, click on your account name and then select Contact Microsoft Support
2. On the “Contact Microsoft Support” screen, ignore all drop-down options and simply click on Program Benefits support (MSDN, BizSpark, Microsoft Partnert Network, Signature Cloud Support)
3. A new support submission workflow tab will automatically open, where you can select the Service and categorize your issue.
4. Once you click Continue, you will be prompted by an Access ID and Contract ID, to validate your Program Benefits*. If you populated these fields on a previous opportunity, the information will be saved already.
5. Click Add and then continue to finish your incident submission by describing the issue. Click Submit once done and wait to be contacted by a Microsoft Support Engineer!
* If you have not activated your technical support benefits, make sure you do so by following these steps:
How to Open an Azure Support Request When You Can't Access the Azure Management Portal
If you are facing issues signing in to the Azure Management Portal, or can’t submit a support request from there, navigate to http://azure.microsoft.com/support/options/ and select the option “Having issues with sign in or signing up for an account”.
See Support for MSDN, TechNet or MPN Users and Partners for support FAQ.
See Windows Azure support - How it works and how to receive help for other support options.