Visit our webpage
If you are coming to COP15, Microsoft and the Climate Consortium has the pleasure to invite you to a 90-minute panel discussion at the Bella Center on December 11th 15:00-16:30. High representatives from the European Environment Agency, World Wildlife Fund, and Members of the European Parliament will discuss ICT’s role to help solve climate change issues.
As part of their partnership combining cutting-edge technology and environmental data, Microsoft and the European Environment Agency (EEA) will demonstrate their ‘Eye On Earth’ portal that until now provided interactive real-time data about beach quality across the 32 European countries.
The discussion will also focus on the role of public private partnerships and the regulatory framework needed for the development of enabling technologies.
The panel will consist of :
- Ms. Jacqueline McGlade, Executive Director, European Environment Agency
- Mr. Rob Bernard, Chief Environmental Strategist, Microsoft Corporation
- Mr. Oliver Rapf, Head of Climate Business Engagement Unit, WWF International
- Mr. Dan Jørgensen, Member of the European Parliament
- Mr. Chris Davies, Member of the European Parliament
The discussion will be held at the Bella Center, Climate Consortium area, Center Hall E, South end.