Office 2007 Professional VHDTest Drive two new Microsoft platforms, Windows Vista Enterprise and Office 2007 Professional, and experience how they work better together.
Now available: The 2007 Microsoft Office Security Guide
The 2007 Microsoft Office Security Guide provides IT professionals with best practices and automated tools to help strengthen the security of computers that run either Windows Vista or Windows XP SP2 and the following applications:
· Microsoft Office Access 2007
· Microsoft Office Excel 2007
· Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
· Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
· Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
· Microsoft Office Word 2007
The 2007 Microsoft Office Security Guide consists of the following components:Executive Overview, Security Guide, Threats and Countermeasures, Security Settings Spreadsheet, and GPOAccelerator
Office Live Add-in for Microsoft Office: Open and save documents directly from Microsoft Office Word, Office Excel, and Office PowerPoint to Microsoft Office Live Workspace The Office Live Add-in will install new menu options allowing you to open and save documents directly from Microsoft Office Word, Office Excel, and Office PowerPoint to Microsoft Office Live Workspace beta.
Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats Open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations in the file formats new to Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007.Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit version 5.0 contains the necessary tools and documentation to evaluate and mitigate application compatibility issues before deploying Microsoft® Windows Vista, a Windows Update, or a new version of Windows® Internet Explorer® in your environment.
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition
Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition enables you to make outbound audio calls and answer inbound phone calls from callers (PBX, PSTN, VoIP or soft-phone callers) and provides this functionality from inside or outside the company firewall.
With Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition, you have new voice communication capabilities not available with your traditional desktop phone. For example you can:
· Set call-handling options to forward calls to another number or contact, so you can get calls on your mobile phone, for example, when you’re not in the office
· Configure your presence and view the presence for your Contacts
· Touch-to-call a contact without needing to look up their phone number
· Easily initiate calls to contacts, transfer calls and conference callers together
· Play individual voicemails without needing to go through the full voicemail menu
· Search for and call people in your company’s global address list (GAL) without needing to look up their phone number
See also: Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Phone Edition Release Notes