Note: This Training Guide has been updated to cover R2. The new ISBN is 978-0-7356-8471-3.
Purchase from these online retailers:
Barnes & Noble
Independent booksellers – Shop local
Pearson – Official distributor of Microsoft Press books
Designed to help enterprise administrators develop real-world, job-role-specific skills—this Training Guide focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. Build hands-on expertise through a series of lessons, exercises, and suggested practices—and help maximize your performance on the job.
This Microsoft Training Guide:
• Provides in-depth, hands-on training you take at your own pace
• Focuses on job-role-specific expertise for deploying and managing advanced infrastructure services in Windows Server 2012
• Creates a foundation of skills which, along with on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-412
Sharpen your skills. Increase your expertise.
• Configure full forest and domain trust relationships
• Configure Active Directory (AD) sites and manage AD replication
• Implement advanced DNS and DHCP solutions
• Install, configure, and manage AD Certificate Services
• Manage backups and recover servers
• Optimize storage and configure advanced file services
• Manage failover clustering and Network Load Balancing
• Move virtual machines from one Hyper-V server to another
• Implement Dynamic Access Control and Active Directory RMS
• Implement Active Directory Federation Services
About the Author
Orin Thomas is a consultant, writer, and Microsoft MVP whose books include the Microsoft Press Training Kits for Exams 70-646, 70-647, 70-662, and 70-680. He is also a contributing editor for Windows IT Pro magazine.
Great Book !
Does this book cover the changes brought on by the release of Windows Server 2012 R2?
@Josh - no, we will have an R2 edition of this book coming out in the next few months. We're still working on it. - Kim
I am currently on the course in college, I hit chapter 3 Advanced DHCP and DNS and the first lesson review answers are not in the answer pages at the end of the chapter. Lesson 1 is actually Lesson 2 answers on page 204 - 205 and lesson 2 and 3 are the same answers, so that means Lesson 1 answers were left out of the book. I'm wondering if I could get a copy of the answers for Lesson 1 so I can review them before taking the exam? The Lesson 1 questions I am referring to are on page 133 of the Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services book.
Too funny. I, too, noticed the Chapter 3 lesson reviews and answers. Very confusing.