We’re pleased to announce the availability of Training Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012 R2 (9780735684690), by Orin Thomas.
Purchase from these online retailers:
Microsoft Press Store
Barnes & Noble
Independent booksellers – Shop local
Fully updated for Windows Server 2012 R2!
Designed to help enterprise administrators develop real-world, job-role-specific skills - this Training Guide focuses on core infrastructure administration for Windows Server 2012 R2. Build hands-on expertise through a series of lessons, exercises, and suggested practices - and help maximize your performance on the job.
This Microsoft Training Guide:
· Focuses on job-role-specific expertise for core infrastructure administration tasks
· Fully updated for Windows Server 2012 R2, including new practices
· Provides in-depth, hands-on training you take at your own pace
· Creates a foundation of skills which, along with on-the-job experience, can be measured by Microsoft Certification exams such as 70-411
· Deploying and updating Windows Server 2012 R2
· Managing account policies and service accounts
· Configuring name resolution
· Administering Active Directory
· Managing Group Policy application and infrastructure
· Configuring Group Policy settings and preferences
· Administering network policies
· Administering remote access
· Managing file services
· Monitoring and auditing Windows Server 2012 R2
About the Authors Orin Thomas is a consultant, writer, and Microsoft MVP for Consumer Security. He has written numerous Microsoft Press Training Kits focusing on Windows and Windows Server, and he serves as series editor for Rapid Review. He is also a contributing editor for Windows IT Pro magazine.
Not a book I need, but it's good to see MSPress kicking a little ass.
Thanks, Jason! :)
Does this book cover everything required for an exam?
This book cover most of the objectives for the exam; however, it's goal is to help a reader build the skills for the technology. Our Exam Refs follow the objectives of the exams in order and completely. They are designed for someone prepping for the exam.