You are awesome, but you knew that. Now we’d like to help you spread the word about how great your skills are and potentially reward you in the process. Yes, to enter you have to have written a Windows Phone app, but once you have then it’s all pretty much plain sailing. As a student developer or designer you have 2 chances of winning.
The rewards are varied - from a DAB Radio to an Xbox 360, from afternoon tea for 2 to a 22” TV. The more apps you enter for the rewards programme then the more chance you have of winning. Full details are on the site here. As a student though you can also enter the student only rewards programme for a DreamSpark hoody, or do you prefer hoodie? You’ll have a pretty good chance of winning one as we are offering up to 10 per fortnight from now until February 5th. Full terms and conditions are below. In the spirit of keeping it simple all you have to do is you mail details of your app, and your publisher ID to email@example.com and we enter you into the random draw. Simple!
We’ll also help publicise your app through our UK student channels – Facebook, twitter and blogs, and possibly via the global site here (there are limited opportunities through the global site hence the caveat).
You can enter the same app for the both programmes so hence you have 2 chances of winning. Any questions? You can email us, connect on Facebook or twitter.
If you like the idea but are not sure where to start, you can learn all you need to know about writing apps by following the 3 simple steps here. Good luck!
Satisfy yourself that entry doesn’t constitute selling your soul by reading the terms and conditions below.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK students who are 16 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter, you have to publish a new Windows Phone application into Windows MarketPlace during the weeks of the competition which are detailed below. Any previously published apps will not be eligible. Email a screenshot of your Windows Phone application together with its name, your publisher name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries published and submitted during the 2 weeks of each round of the competition and by midnight on the closing date of each round will be entered into a random draw, overseen by three Microsoft employees. We will offer a maximum of 10 hoodies per 2 week period – there may be a limited selection of sizes as the competition progresses. Any number of entries per person is allowed BUT only one entry per application published in MarketPlace will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: The competition timings are as follows (all timing are GMT)
Round 1 Monday 00:01 am 14th November 2011 until midnight on Sunday November 27th 2011
Round 2 Monday 00:01 am 28th November 2011 until midnight on Sunday December 11th 2011
Round 3 Monday 00:01 am 12th December 2011 until midnight on Sunday December 25th 2011
Round 4 Monday 00:01 am 26th December 2011 until midnight on Sunday January 8th 2012
Round 5 Monday 00:01 am 9th January 2012 until midnight on Sunday January 22nd 2012
Round 6 Monday 00:01 am 23rd January 2012 until midnight on Sunday February 5th 2012
The closing date of the entire competition is midnight BST February 5th 2012. Completed entries will be entered into the specific round of the incentive based on when the app was published and when the email arrives in the Microsoft inbox.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The 10 DreamSpark Hoodies per round of the incentive will be randomly selected form all eligible entries received in the relevant round of the programme. All eligible entries submitted during the 2 weeks of each round of the competition and by midnight on the closing date of each round will be entered into a random draw, overseen by three Microsoft employees. Those who win the hoody will be notified via email during the week after each round closes. The winners agree to have their publisher names and application names published via the Microsoft UK Students Facebook page, Microsoft UK Students blog and Microsoft UK Students Twitter.
6. PRIZE: The winning 10 entrants for each round will receive one DreamSpark Hoody – there may be a limited choice in your requested size. Prize is as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prizes will be dispatched within two weeks of the competition’s closing date for each round. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s name and application name will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing email@example.com .
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.