Windows Embedded Blog

A look at Embedded and other Cool Stuff.

August, 2007

  • Windows Embedded Blog

    Question: How do you do UI development on Windows CE ?

    • 17 Comments
    Windows CE supports an extremely diverse set of embedded devices, ranging from the obvious, and well known devices such as Windows Mobile, Personal Navigation Devices, robotics, set top boxes, pig slicing machines (still need to see if I can get a video...
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    Here's how Microsoft Robotics Studio is getting used...

    • 6 Comments
    About a week ago we had an interesting presentation at Microsoft Research given by Rod Grupen from the Laboratory for Perceptual Robotics , Department of Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Amherst (UMass) - the lecture was very interesting...
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    MEDC Keynote Consumer Video (NETMF, Windows CE, XPE, Vista - and WSD)

    • 5 Comments
    If you attended any of the MEDC International events you would have seen the "Consumer Experience" demo, this uses .NET Micro Framework, Windows CE, Home Server, Windows Vista and the core technology is WSD (Web Services on Devices) - Here's the video...
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    Which Transformer are you?

    • 4 Comments
    I've just taken the Transformers quiz and it turns out I'm 79% Jazz! (I wonder what the other 21% is?) I AM 79% JAZZ Take the Transformers Quiz - Mike
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    Microsoft lures Linux Hackers

    • 2 Comments
    At next weeks LinuxWorld event the Microsoft Windows Embedded team will be hosting another free food/beer/chat event. If you're at LinuxWorld on Wednesday August 8th from 6pm - 8pm and are: interested in finding out more about the .NET Micro Framework...
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    Surviving LinuxWorld (again!)

    • 2 Comments
    It's interesting to see that when Linux developers hear the word "Microsoft" they immediately think "Crash!" (for some totally unknown reason) - so, given that LinuxWorld was running this week in Sunny old SFO it seemed appropriate for some of the Microsoft...
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    Some background on this years Imagine Cup, Embedded Competition

    • 0 Comments
    Earlier this week Kevin Morris from Embedded Technology Journal interviewed two teams that are taking part in the finals of this years Imagine Cup (happening next week in Korea), this years competition focuses on how technology can improve education world...
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    Video: CE 6.0 SP1 Tools - CEDebugX

    • 0 Comments
    Building an embedded operating system image is only part of the process for releasing a final product - Testing and diagnosis tools should also be an integral part of the release process - an operating system image may appear to be running just fine,...
  • Windows Embedded Blog

    At LinuxWorld!

    • 0 Comments
    I'm sat at Jillians, a bar just around the corner from LinuxWorld - we open at 6pm for food and drinks (and of course discussion about embedded operating systems), there's already a crowd waiting outside the bar eager to drink our beer and eat our food...
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)