If you attended the first ScottGu talk organized by LIDNUG, then you surely don’t want to miss this.
Register for the upcoming talk with Scott Guthrie on August 25 2009 between 9:00 and 10:30 AM PST. Please note that this is a virtual event.
Calendar Links: HTML: http://isaacabraham.calendar.live.com/calendar/Linked+In+.NET+User+Group+Events/index.html
For more information: http://www.linkedin.com/osview/canvas?_ch_page_id=1&_ch_panel_id=1&_ch_app_id=7083120&_applicationId=2000&_ownerId=0&appParams=%7B%22go_to%22:%22events/90959%22,%22referrer%22:%22public%22%7D
So, I met a few influencers/MVPs earlier this week and I was surprised to learn that they are not subscribed to the fortnightly MSDN Flash Newsletter. And, if they are – they have not customized it.
Here are 3 reasons for you to subscribe:
Here’s how you sign up and customize for the MSDN newsletter:
Here’s the Most recent Flash Newsletter - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dd776245.aspx
Let me know if you need more information or if you would like to contribute something to the next Flash Newsletter.
One of the most successful programs for IT Pro’s in FY09 was the Thrive Program. Now we have a similar offering for our developers.
We understand that times are tough. You’re doing more with less, applying your skills more broadly, or maybe you’re looking for a job. Thrive for developers is a community hub for career advice, peer insights, industry postings and training resources. Learn how to stand out and succeed in today’s challenging economy. Basically, Thrive for developers helps you get the skills and resources you need to stand out. It helps you to tackle today’s tough economy and come out on top.
Learn more about the Thrive Program for developers: www.microsoft.com/thrivedev
We talked to many developers, community leaders, DEs and AEs to understand the top issues developers are facing in this economy. We designed Thrive, its content, resources and offers to specifically address the individual needs of developers as it relates to the downturn. The campaign anchors on three pillars:
Advance your Career
Enhance your Skills – Web and Client Development
- Best of class resources outlined in a step by step format to help developers ramp on new tasks faster, saving time and money
- Product offers, training and certification discounts to get up to speed on MS tools and technologies quicker
Connect with your Community
- User groups and MS dev events search functionality powered by DPE’s “Community Connection”
- Blogs feeds from select regional DEs and AEs; as well as industry leaders in the Web and client space
- Community leaders share their insights on success strategies handling the downturn. (i.e. “Development in a Downturn” podcast series delivered by .NET Rocks and “Insider Advice” corner highlighting community content around “Thrive” related topics of career, training and community)
Come and Thrive with Microsoft!
Tomorrow, July 7th, 10AM PT, 1PM ET – We are broadcasting the Michael Jackson memorial, live in HD from the Staples Center in Los Angeles using IIS Smooth Streaming and Silverlight to the world.
http://inmusic.ca/news_and_features/Michael_Jackson is the link to the page where the embedded player experience.