Shoot me mail mpoulson at microsoft dot com with your resume.
Full job description:
Do you want to be part of a team that helps deliver on the hosting story for Microsoft? We interact with product teams, hosting evangelists, marketing and customers to provide internal hosting services. Driving feedback into Microsoft products like IIS, ASP.NET, SharePoint, SQL and more. If you want to be part of a well-integrated, diverse, and highly collaborative team that values hard work, respect, and strong motivation… we want you! As an operations administrator, you will be responsible for managing the IIS and SharePoint servers as well as working with product teams when you encounter bugs.
Core responsibilities would include managing IIS, ASP.NET, SharePoint web servers and assisting network engineer with daily tasks. Additional duties include assisting in writing internal automation of management tasks. Qualifications include a strong understanding of IIS6, a strong understanding of TCP/IP networks, and programming skills in C# or VB.NET. Excellent communication skills, ability to work well with other teams and strong problem solving skills are required.
• Maintain the existing web servers with 2,000+ web sites each
• Troubleshoot server side issues with IIS and ASP.NET
• Create deployment plans and implement pre-released products into production
• Assist in maintaining network infrastructure and security
• Report bugs and work with product teams to resolve critical issues
• Assist planning, upgrading and installing new hardware
• Ability to be highly self-directed and also work closely within a team
• Must understand IIS management and ASP.NET server configuration (including trust levels)
• Must have experience with Cisco devices
• Must have experience with network technologies including IPv4, VLans, EtherChannel
• Working knowledge of Active Directory and DNS
• Experience in programming using VBScript, C# or VB.NET a plus
· Experience with the following technologies is a plus: IPv6, enterprise class firewalls, intrusion detection systems, debuggers