To help you, our Microsoft Small Business Partners, be better prepared for the upcoming Windows Vista and Office 2007 product launches, we want to make sure you are aware of this series of Live Meetings being offered for you:
· Preview of Windows Vista The latest Windows client OS introduces new subsystems that help you create applications and services that deliver the next generation User Experience. This overview will go beyond the pretty face; it covers the whole interaction across form factors, input methods, media types, services, data sources, workflow, and identities. You'll get an introduction to Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), RSS Components, and Infocard while also seeing the fundamental improvements in security, deployment, manageability, and reliability. You’ll also learn about Expression, a new suite of tools that help you create great User Interfaces. See ways to create engaging, cinematic user interfaces with a rich design environment that combines multiple media elements including vectors, pixel images, 3D content, video & audio, high quality text, and animation.
· Windows Workflow Foundation Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF) is a new API for creating and hosting workflow-based applications. A key part of Vista, WinFX and Office 12, WWF promises to ease the effort required to build and maintain any workflow-enabled system. This Web seminar will introduce the key concepts behind WWF and how you can use it in your own applications.
· Windows Vista User Account Control User Account Control represents a significant step forward in security on the Windows platform. With UAC, users run as Standard User by default, greatly reducing the potential for attack. In this Web seminar we will review how UAC works and how it changes the way you write applications.
· Windows Vista Migration and Capability Windows Vista represents a significant milestone in the evolution of the Windows operating system--it features a host of new innovations, increased security and better reliability. In this Web seminar we will examine how these new features will affect your existing applications and discuss how you can get prepared for the release of Vista later this year.
· The Windows Vista Explorer Property System Windows Vista features a new Explorer that will dramatically increase the effectiveness of navigation and search. The Explorer relies on a sophisticated property system that is designed for extensibility. This Web seminar will introduce the Windows Vista Explorer Property System and demonstrate how developers can leverage and extend its functionality in their own applications.
· Windows Presentation Foundation Primer This session provides developers with an introduction to the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). WPF is part of WinFX, Microsoft’s next generation API. WPF provides developers with a unified programming model for building rich Windows smart client user experiences that incorporate UI, media, and documents.
· Windows Communication Foundation Fundamentals This session provides developers with an introduction to the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). WPF is part of WinFX, Microsoft’s next generation API. WCF provides a unified programming model for all types of Windows communication. With WCF, developers can use a single, straightforward API to create messaging applications that feature security, reliability, asynchronous communication, transaction support, and more.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric LigmanMicrosoft US Senior ManagerSmall Business Community Engagement
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights