I have seen some messages and conversations floating around about Partners not receiving Microsoft Partner shipments or SBSC exclusive offer shipments, etc. For example, you probably saw my post about the shipment of the new SBDA & VL Sales Kit to all SBSC Partners in the US a few weeks ago. The shipping addresses for the kits were pulled directly from the Microsoft Partner Database which contains all of the Microsoft Partner information provided in the Partner profiles. Since these are the addresses provided by the Partners themselves, they should be the best ones to use it would seem.
Guess what? I have received many of the kits back as, “Undeliverable as addressed.”
To help eliminate a simple cause of several of these errors I thought I would post here the steps on how you as a Microsoft Partner can ensure your address in the Partner Membership Center is the correct one for your company:
Please note that to make an address change you will need to have Global or Location Administrator rights for the location being updated. Individuals with these rights can edit the company name and address at the location level at any time.
1. Begin the process by accessing the "Manage Locations" at the following URL:
2. You will be prompted to sign in using the Windows Live ID credentials associated with the account.
3. On the "Manage Locations" page, select the location to be edited under the "Select Location" area. Then click the "Select" button. You now see information for the selected Location.
4. Click the "Edit This Location" button to update an address and other location information. (If Small Business Specialist fulfillment is the reason for the change, ensure that the location being updated is the one that has earned the designation.)
5. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Please note that all address changes are made at the Location level. At the organization level, the address will remain the same as it was entered during enrollment and cannot be edited. (Partners should not be concerned with this since the Organization level address is never used for fulfillment.)
This information is also provided through the "help" link that appears in the upper right hand corner of the Partner Membership Center. Once the help pop-up appears on the page, the instruction can be found in the "About Managing Organizations and Locations" section. Any member that would like assistance with these steps can contact the Regional Service Center.
Here is the RSC contact info for North America:
4 Phone: (877) 283-1925 or email: email@example.com
So now that you’ve read this, please take a quick moment to go through the steps above to ensure your listed address and Company information is correct so you do not miss any further information sent out to you in the future.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric LigmanMicrosoft US Senior ManagerSmall Business Community EngagementThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights