In part 1 of this series, I described the problem of the tax numbers in Croatia being changed. In part 2, I described how to export data that you need from NAV and use that data to request new tax numbers from customers, vendors sand contacts. In this post, I will describe how to update the data with new tax numbers and import it into Dynamics NAV.
When you receive documents with new tax numbers (OiB) from customers, vendors and contacts, you can update excel file you created in first step with it. You should update VAT Registration No. field in Excel file in Customer, Vendor and Contact worksheets.
After you're finished updating data and are satisfied with it it's time to import it back to Dynamics NAV.
First, make sure that new tax number validation rules are set in Dynamics NAV. You can do this following these steps:
1. In Microsoft Dynamics NAV, on the main menu, click Administration, Application Setup, General, Countries/Regions to open the Countries/Regions form.
2. Select Croatian record (code HR) and click Country/Region, VAT Reg. No. Formats to open HR - VAT Registration No. Formats form.
3. Verify that 2 lines containing 11 pounds (# symbols) exist in the table, as new tax number in Croatia is formatted in a way that it contains 11 numeric characters.
After this, you can proceed to importing data you prepared in excel file created in first step. You can do this following these steps:
1. Click Application Setup-> Company Setup-> Data Migration in Administration application domain to open Migration overview form.
2. Click Functions-> Import from Excel on Migration Overview form to import data from Excel file.
3. When asked, select folder and Excel file from which to import data and click Open.
4. System will import data and notify you when it's done.
5. To verify that something was really imported, verify that No. of Migration Record is different from zero in Migration Overview form.
6. If some errors occurred (like new tax number didn't comply to format set earlier), you can see this by clicking Drill Down button in No. of Migration Errors field in Migration Overview form.
7. When all errors are removed (No. of Migration Errors is zero) for all lines you need to apply migration data. Select all lines, clicking Edit, Select All to select all lines in Migration Overview form
8. Click Migration, Apply Migration Data to apply migration data
9. To verify data was applied, verify that No. of Migration Record is zero in Migration Overview form
10. Also, you may open any of your customer, vendor and contact records in the system and verify that VAT Registration No. field contains the value set in excel file.
To make sure your VAT reporting will take VAT Registration numbers correctly have a look at these KB articles which describe a small modification needed to VAT Sales Book and VAT Purchase Reports to enable this.