In order for the RTC (Role Tailored Client) to export to a shared location using Constrained Delegation, you need to setup delegation for the account that is running the NST service to the machine that is hosting the share. Here are the instructions on setting up delegation:
1. Open the User that is running in NAV Server Service in AD (Active Directory) and go to the Delegation Tab
2. Click on 'Add'
3. Select 'Users or Computers'
4. Enter in the name of the machine that is hosting the Shared Folder
5. Click 'Check Names' and now it should show an underline below the servername
6. Click 'OK'
7. Now you should see a list of Services for this machine that contains the shared folder
8. Click on the Service called 'cifs'
9. Click 'OK'
10. The end result should now look like this:
Nick Haman, North America Escalation Engineer
One of our clients has an issues with this setup. If they leave NAV open for 30mins they get an error "Link address is not valid" when they try to read a file through the NST that is stored on a shared location. If they close the NAV client and reopen it works again for 30mins.
We are using the DOWNLOAD function to download the file to a temp directory RBAutoMgt.ClientTempFileName and NAV 6.01 SP1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.