The Security Compliance Management toolkit provides customers with best practices from Microsoft about how to plan, set, get and remediate a security baseline, along with tools that you can use to verify the implementation of recommended security baselines from Microsoft for Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP2. The toolkit helps customers quickly and easily provide this compliance information to auditors to demonstrate how their organization is meeting important compliance regulations.
The toolkit helps customers manage the compliance process by enabling:
· Automated security checks in their environment.
· Verification of security baseline in their environment, and identification of baseline settings changes or “drift” from prescribed values.
· Implement regulatory compliance through security checks.
The verification process is performed by Configuration Packs that can be applied using the desired configuration management (DCM) feature of Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager 2007.
The important benefits this toolkit provides helps customers to:
· Manage Compliance - Provides a comprehensive view and reports of the security baseline in your environment for Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Server 2003 SP2
· Reduce Complexity - Provides prescriptive guidance and automated tools to scan security baselines and assess compliance for client and server operating systems across your organization.
· Manage Risk - Manage changes to security settings within your Windows® infrastructure that can compromise the integrity of your IT systems.
· Accelerate Assessment and Planning - Take advantage of prescriptive security baselines to quickly and easily implement a proactive approach to verify security settings.
· Confidently Manage - All security recommendations reflect the combined knowledge of experts, partners and customers, and they are fully tested and supported by Microsoft.