The Infrastructure Planning and Design team has been working on a new guide - Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 with R2. Get the beta guide here.
This guide targets key information to bring your infrastructure up to date, thereby enhancing user experience and delivering business benefits. Find out how new features like Application Virtualization management support and support for Windows Server® 2008 clients will assist decision making in the planning of your Configuration Manager infrastructure. Follow detailed steps and graphics as you redesign your infrastructure, examining roles to be deployed and upgrade strategies to be used, along with designing sites and hierarchies.
Use this guide to determine the scope of the services to be provided and choose to partially or completely redesign your infrastructure. Have confidence in knowing that the steps in each phase are described in detail and that the necessary tools are provided to manage the process.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning of a Configuration Manager infrastructure by:
· Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
· Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options and considerations.
· Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
· Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
Join the Beta
Additional Infrastructure Planning and Design series guides are available as beta releases on the Connect Web site. They are open beta downloads. See below for instructions on how to access the beta guides.
To join the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta on the Microsoft Connect Web site.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID to continue to the Invitations page.
3. Scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design.
If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before continuing with the invitation process.
If the link in step 1 does not work for you, copy the link and paste it into the Web browser address bar.
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 with R2
System Center Operations Manager 2007
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008