The Infrastructure Planning and Design series for Windows Server 2008 has been updated with File Services and Print Services guides. Download the entire IPD series of guides or download an individual guide here. Download now.
These guides provide you with key information to bring your infrastructure up to date, saving you time and money. Strategically planning printer pool and file services can help you avoid problems before they begin, allowing you to serve your customers more reliably. Use these guides to determine the scope of the services and choose to partially or completely redesign your infrastructure. Each phase is thoroughly explained in easy to follow steps, helping you to efficiently navigate through the process of managing your infrastructure.
Infrastructure Planning and Design streamlines the planning process by:
· Defining the technical decision flow through the planning process.
· Listing the decisions to be made and the commonly available options to be considered.
· Relating the decisions and options to the business in terms of cost, complexity, and other characteristics.
· Framing decisions in terms of additional questions to the business to ensure a comprehensive alignment with the appropriate business landscape.
To join the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Infrastructure Planning and Design Beta on the Microsoft Connect Web site.
2. Sign in using a valid Windows Live ID to continue to the Invitations page.
3. Scroll down to Infrastructure Planning and Design.
Windows Server 2008 Solution Accelerators
Windows Server File Services on TechNet
Windows Server Print Services on TechNet