The Security Compliance Management Toolkit series marks the next generation of the Microsoft Security Guides by automating the included security baselines. This release includes updated security guides, pre-defined group policies, the GPOAccelerator tool, and Configuration Packs to help you plan, deploy, and monitor your Windows and 2007 Office security baselines. With more than 700 security and privacy setting options, the tools and guidance are designed to help you fine-tune your deployment of Microsoft operating systems and applications in a fast and reliable manner.
The Security Compliance Management Toolkit series provides IT professionals like you with an end-to-end solution to help your organization plan, deploy, and monitor security baselines of Windows® operating systems and 2007 Microsoft® Office applications.
This series includes the following Solution Accelerators:
· Windows Server 2008 Security Compliance Management Toolkit
· Windows Server 2003 Security Compliance Management Toolkit
· Windows Vista Security Compliance Management Toolkit
· Windows XP Security Compliance Management Toolkit
· 2007 Microsoft Office Security Compliance Management Toolkit
The Security Compliance Management Toolkit Series is designed to help your organization meet its security and compliance requirements by providing the following resources:
· Prescriptive, tested, end-to-end security guidance from Microsoft for Windows Server® 2008, Windows Server® 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Vista® SP1, Windows XP® Professional SP3, and 2007 Microsoft Office SP1.
· Automated tools like the GPOAccelerator to help you configure and deploy recommended security settings.
· Configuration Packs that you can use with the desired configuration management (DCM) feature of Microsoft® System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP1 to monitor the Microsoft security guidance deployed in your environment. You can also remediate security baseline issues with this functionality.
· Reporting functionality you can use to notify auditors that the computers in your environment are in compliance with best practices and the security recommendations for these Windows operating systems and Office applications.
If you’d like to learn more about this Solution Accelerator, or to download the Security Compliance Management Toolkit series, just click here.
PS: I’ve attached below a data sheet that provides a quick overview of the Security Compliance Management Toolkit series.