The Exchange team has released Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB 968012) to the download center. The release of the rollup via Microsoft Update will happen on May 26.
As in the previous rollups, we have done a mix of product improvements (aka Critical Design Change Requests) and bug fixes. A few key ones which I would like to call out are as follows.
1) KB 969690 - fixed the issue introduced in Update Rollup 7 which caused the sender of the Delivery Status Notification (DSN) to be unresolved.
2) Disable kernel mode authentication in Windows Server 2008 for CAS servers – As documented here, it was required to manually take the additional step to configure the CAS servers running Windows Server 2008 to disable kernel mode authentication. Starting this rollup, the installer will configure this for you.
3) X-Header promotion to named properties– Change to the way X-headers are promoted to named properties. More on this in Jason’s blog post Named Properties, X-Headers, and You.
4) KB 961606 – Fixed an issue where Outlook Web Access (OWA) users may find that the font size of plain text messages is extremely small when running certain third-party Web browsers instead of Internet Explorer.
KB 968012 has more details about this release and a complete list of all fixes included in this rollup. Info is below:
Issues that the update rollup fixes
Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2007 SP1 fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
This announcement will also be posted on
· Exchange Team Blog
· Exchange Software Updates Technet forum