Microsoft has released Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB 970162) to the download center today. The release of the rollup via Microsoft Update will happen on July 28th. Here are a few key links for this update:
Public KB Article 970162
Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 SP1 - Download location
The majority of changes in this rollup are bug fixes. Here are a few that I would like to call out:
1) KB 969911 – This is bug likely to affect customers who have deployed the Messaging Records Management feature and have specified a storage limit for a managed folder. After a move mailbox, the property which marks the folders as managed is not preserved.
2) KB 968621 - Store stops responding under certain conditions when scheduled backup is canceled and online maintenance is in progress.
3) KB 945877 - Performance improvements to eseutil when it verifies the checksum of transaction logs
4) Support for Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Controllers in the environment (Note: Exchange Server 2007 itself is not supported to be installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system.)
5) KB 968715 – This bug is likely to affect customers who have deployed CAS-CAS proxying. When a user selects This is a public or shared computer or This is a private computer on the Outlook Web Access logon page, this value is not maintained between the CAS servers when the request is proxied. This bug will most likely affect customers with Internet facing CAS sites which proxy the requests to internal sites. Now the bug was that we defaulted to private access irrespective of the option selected by the user. Outlook Web Access has the following features which allow the administrator to control access of users depending on the logon type.:
Public and Private Computer File Access
WebReady Document Viewing
After deploying this rollup, the logon type will now be correctly maintained between CAS servers if the request is proxied.
Administrators should watch out for scenarios where they have configured different behavior based on the logon type and required users to select the private computer option to access files, but users were able to access files without selecting the private computer option due to this bug. These users will now be unable to do so because the bug has been fixed.
KB 970162 has more details about this release and a complete list of all fixes included in this rollup.
Exchange Server 2007 SP2 will include all fixes in this Update rollup as well as the fixes contained in all prior rollups.