Microsoft has released Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (KB 971534) to the download center. The release of the rollup via Microsoft Update will happen on November 24 (US Pacific Time).
While the bulk of the changes in this rollup are bug fixes, there have also been some great improvements to the patch installer. Here are a few of the improvements:
1) Ability to cancel installation of a rollup.
2) Pre-installation checks for common issues faced by customers
3) Shorter downtime of Exchange Services during deployment of the rollup.
4) Ability for Exchange administrators to execute custom PowerShell scripts before and after rollup installation to stop 3rd party services loading Exchange assemblies and causing a reboot.
Some of the critical product bug fixes in this rollup are:
1) KB 971010 – Intermittent issue where a database does not mount when CCR failover happens due to missing temp log file
2) KB 941775 - Running Isinteg for the first time on a newly created DB fails
3) KB 972115 - Transport rule does not fire for MDNs if header is folded because the report-type is not evaluated
KB 971534 has more details about this release and a complete list of all fixes included in this rollup.
This announcement will also be posted on
· Exchange Team Blog
· Exchange Software Updates Technet forum