Free e-book offer from Microsoft Press – First Look: Microsoft Office 2010
For a limited time, you can download this free e-book. First Look: Microsoft Office 2010, by Katherine Murray, offers 14 chapters of early content.
· Download e-book First Look: Microsoft Office 2010 (PDF file, 10.5 MB)
· Download e-book First Look: Microsoft Office 2010 (XPS file, 27.9 MB)
The e-book offer includes the following content.
Part I, "Envision the Possibilities," describes the changes in the new Microsoft Office suite and shows how to use the new features so they fit the way you work. Chapter 1, "Welcome to Office 2010," introduces the new features. Chapter 2, "Express Yourself Effectively and Efficiently," details the great new enhancements and visual effects. Chapter 3, "Work Anywhere with Office 2010," shows the flexibility of Microsoft Office 2010 and explains how you can do your work no matter where your path takes you.
Part II, "Hit the Ground Running," spotlights the new features of each program and shows how they relate to the whole. These chapters provide a how-to guide for features that you are most likely to use, and they offer inspiring ideas on how to get the most from your favorite programs.
Part III, "Next Steps with Office 2010," helps you think through interoperability and provides ways to integrate programs. How often do you use Office programs together? Research shows that people often do not realize how well the programs work together as a complete system. This section also explores Microsoft Office security and training opportunities.
Sample chapters only!
Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Resource Kit by Rui Maximo, Rick Kingslan, Rajesh Ramanathan, Nirav Kamdar with the Microsoft Office Communications Server Team
Download free preview chapters from the recently published Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Resource Kit, the definitive resource for deploying and administering Office Communications Server 2007 R2:
· Table of Contents Download PDF file (354 KB) Download XPS file (510 KB)
· Chapter 2: New Features Overview Download PDF file (1,360 KB) Download XPS file (1,244 KB)
· Chapter 13: Enterprise Voice Application Scenarios Download PDF file (1,149 KB) Download XPS file (1,558 KB)
· Index Download PDF file (397 KB) Download XPS file (644 KB)
Programming Microsoft LINQ by Paolo Pialorsi and Marco Russo
· Chapter 6: Tools for LINQ to SQL
· Chapter 16: LINQ and ASP.NET
Introducing Microsoft® Silverlight™ 2, Second Edition by Laurence Moroney
· Chapter 1: Introducing Silverlight 2
· Chapter 2: Using Expression Blend with Silverlight 2
Programming Microsoft® ASP.NET 3.5 by Dino Esposito
· Chapter 3: Anatomy of an ASP.NET Page
· Chapter 18: HTTP Handlers and Modules
Preview a chapter from any of these Microsoft Press Visual Studio 2008 titles. When you're ready, sign up for the free download offer to get additional content. These downloads require a Windows Live account.