I thought this collection of Office 2010 deployment and upgrade resources would be useful.
Solutions you develop internally or create for public consumption should function as designed when users upgrade to Office 2010. Here you will begin to learn what you need to know when you migrate existing application code. You can find information about application compatibility tools, programs, and guidance.
Tools and Guidance
Office 2010 Code Compatibility Inspector
The Office Code Compatibility Inspector for VBA and the Office Code Compatibility Inspector for Visual Studio are add-ins that you install with Office 2010 or Visual Studio. The tools scan VBA, VB.NET, and C# code for object model usage that is incompatible with Office 2010.
· Office Code Compatibility Inspector Documentation
Office Environment Assessment Tool (OEAT)
This tool helps you determine the kinds of add-ins that are installed on users’computers and the extent to which the add-ins are used. OEAT collects and reports add-in information about Office 2000, Office XP, Office 2003, and the 2007 Office system.
· Office Environment Assessment Tool Quick Start Guide
· Office Environment Assessment Tool User Manual
Application Compatibility Assessment and Remediation Guide
The Application Compatibility Assessment and Remediation Guide for Office 2010 describes the overall assessment and remediation process, including planning, testing, piloting, and deployment.
· Compatibility Between the 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Office 2010
· Developing Outlook 2010 Solutions for 32-bit and 64-bit Systems
Compatibility Changes Between Versions
· Access: Access 2010 Object Model Changes Since Earlier Versions
· Access: Convert a Database to the Access 2010 File Format
· Access: Introduction to the Access 2010 File Format
· Excel: Excel 2010 Object Model Changes Since Earlier Versions
· Excel: File Formats that are Supported in Excel 2010
· Excel: Use Excel Starter 2010 with Earlier Versions of Excel
· Outlook: Outlook 2010 Object Model Changes Since Earlier Versions
· PowerPoint: Determine Whether a PowerPoint 2010 Presentation is Compatible with PowerPoint 2003 or Earlier
· PowerPoint: File Formats that are Supported in PowerPoint 2010
· PowerPoint: PowerPoint 2010 Object Model Changes Since Earlier Versions
· Visio: Visio 2010 Object Model Changes Since Earlier Versions
· Word: Compatibility Changes Between Versions
· Word: Word 2010 Object Model Changes Since Earlier Versions
· Office 2010 on TechNet
· Microsoft Office 2010 Application Compatibility Forum
· Backward Compatibility between Access 2010 and Access 2007
· ISV Partner Site - Office 2010 Application Compatibility
· Brian Jones
· Erika Ehrli
· Gray Knowlton
· Microsoft Office 2010 Engineering
· Office Client Developer Content and Resources