August really is event month, with 7 events planned that our team are involved in!
So what's on the calendar?
1. Tech.Ed, if you are not going to make it to the event this year I am going to be tasked with providing vidcasts throughout the event so that you can follow along on our event site!
2. I have organised for Lou Carbone to do a "dress rehearsal" for the Tech.Ed Keynote at a special UPA meeting at Microsoft on Thursday the 9th August. Warning... I don't recommend going to this meeting if you are lucky enough to be going to Tech.Ed.
3. Kirk Jackson has organised a NZ.NET Dev Code Camp for the Sunday before Tech.Ed. Registration, and further details can be found at http://www.codecamp.net.nz
4. Darryl has organised an inaugural Women in Technology Dinner as part of Tech.Ed on Monday 13 August from 8.00-10.00pm at the SkyCity Convention Centre.
The dinner is designed to recognise the outstanding community of women who work in the developer and IT fields in New Zealand.
The dinner is hosted by Helen Robinson, Microsoft New Zealand’s Managing Director and will also feature a panel of female industry influential’s including Eileen Brown from Microsoft UK as keynote speaker.
Whether you are attending Tech Ed or not, you are welcome to join this fun and informative event, take part in the panel discussions and network with your industry peers.
To register call (09) 309 2440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Tickets are free to Tech Ed attendees, or $80 +GST for non-Tech Ed attendees.
5. Paul and Ryan have been organising Student Day 2007
Auckland - Sky City Theatre - Thursday 16th August - 10am - 6pm
Wellington - Massey University – Museum Building - Friday 7th September - 1pm - 6pm
Christchurch - University of Canterbury – S1 - Friday 14th September - 1pm - 6pm
Student Day is the premier IT student event day offering students an interactive insight into the IT industry. For more details and registration check out the website.
6. We have chosen to sponsor the "Design is King" Auckland Web User Group meeting on Thursday the 16th August 6:30pm, details here.
7. We are sponsoring and presenting at Web On the Piste in Queenstown. The event organisers have asked me to share this...
Web on the Piste is the ultimate conference for Rich Internet Technologies (RIA) in Australia & New Zealand. Held in a very cool part of southern New Zealand called Queenstown on the 22nd - 23rd of August, it’s aimed squarely at web developers & designers, business implementers & anyone who is interested in learning about RIA’s and how they can leverage them in today's market.
Web on the Piste is 2 days of sessions on RIA’s where you learn about the latest technologies, hear how they are being used and how to benefit from them. With an international cast of speakers and speakers from Microsoft and Adobe, the event is a must do for anyone working in the Internet technology space.
For more information on the agenda, the venue and what's included, please visit www.webonthepiste.com.
WOW! tomorrow we are off to an offsite at the Grand Chateau, so I'm sure I'll see a lot of you in August at the various events!