Register on the Imagine Cup Global website and go in the draw to win one of two XBOX 360 Consoles + Kinect Sensor
What is the Imagine Cup? It is the world’s largest student technology competition. The Imagine Cup provides an opportunity for brilliant minds to use technology to solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Each year, the Imagine Cup features competition categories and a unique altruistic theme. For Imagine Cup 2012, we have asked students to use the United Nation’s Millennium Development Goals to create innovative solutions that will inspire change all over the world.
Who Competes in the Imagine Cup? Students who are 16 years or older and who are actively enrolled in an accredited educational institution are encouraged to compete in the Imagine Cup. Last year, 350,000 elite student innovators from 120 countries registered to compete in the competitions and award categories.
This is your time to register and stay up to date with latest news of the 2012 competition – you can also still take part in some of the online categories including:
Imagine Cup 2012 - Still time to take part in global categories!
Windows Azure Challenge
Leverage the Windows Azure platform features to build a web application in the cloud. Be a contributor to the "next big thing" in the technology industry and solve one of the world's toughest problems at the same time. More details are here. Round 1 ends on 13th March 2012
Windows Phone Challenge
Great apps start with strong functionality, add device-focused utility, and finish with an outstanding Windows Phone user experience. More details are here. Round 1 ends on 13th March 2012
Windows Metro Style App Challenge
This challenge will test your team's ability to design and build a Metro style app that takes advantage of Windows 8 features and design principles.More details are here. Round 1 ends on 6th March 2012
Kinect Fun Labs Challenge
Entertainment with a social conscience: A unique opportunity for you to develop apps that change the world with the Fun Labs area of Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE, by leveraging natural user interface (NUI) features. More details are here. Round 1 ends on 6th March 2012
Register as a New Zealand competitor before March 13th and go in the draw to win one of two XBOX360 Consoles + Kinect Sensor.
That’s right, you don’t need to take part to win - you just need to register!
So what are you waiting for!?
Terms and Conditions:
· To enter the draw, you must register at www.imaginecup.com before 11.59pm 12th March 2012. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
· The individual must register as a New Zealand Competitor to be eligible.
· Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
· By entering this prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions.
· The prize winners will be drawn at random on 15th March 2012. Each winner will receive an XBOX 360 Console + Kinect Sensor.
· Winners will be notified on 20th March 2012 via the email or contact phone number used in the registration details.
· Prizes will be delivered to each winner at a New Zealand address (as advised by the winner) at Microsoft's expense.
· Only people living in New Zealand are eligible to win. Employees and independent contractors (and each of their immediate family members) of Microsoft are not eligible to enter.
· Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
· If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
· If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prized for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
· If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the prize draw.
· Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms & conditions without notice. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
· Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
· Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contracts of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
· Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
· To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
· At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing email@example.com.