Windows Phone Student Competition extended to 18th May – with grace period ending 1st June.
To enter -
- submit your phone application to http://create.msdn.com
- email firstname.lastname@example.org before 18th May with
- link to your phone application - details of your phone application - your contact details
- link to your phone application
- details of your phone application
- your contact details
Go in the draw to win one of 8 Windows Phones.
8 Windows Phones up for grabs – including 3 Nokia Lumia 800’s T&C’s apply.
Join Microsoft for a Windows Phone Student Camp! The event is designed to be hands-on, so bring your laptops with the Windows Phone Tools installed, and start building your own Windows Phone apps. The team will run through hands-on demonstrations, showing you some of the features within Visual Studio and Expression Blend you can use to deliver great-looking fully-functional applications.
And of course, this being Microsoft, we have loads of prizes to give away.
There are five sessions that you can attend, so book in the time that suits you. Each session is 3.5 hours long and runs from 5-8.30pm everyday from 19th – 23rd March. Read below to find out what topics each session covers and then book in the slot that you favour the most.
If you have your own machine you are welcome to bring it with the latest tools installed. We will also have several desktop machines also available.
19th March – aka.ms/nzcamp1
See you there!
Windows Phone 2012 Competition - Terms and Conditions: Eligibility
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Windows Phone Marketplace Account.
How to enter
3. To enter you must:
(a) email email@example.com with your contact email, mobile phone number, a link to your new Windows Phone Application on the Windows Phone Marketplace, and a few sentences describing the application’s functionality; and
(b) have your new Windows Phone application published to the Windows Phone Marketplace between 15 March 2012 and 18 May 2012. The only allowable exception to this time constraint is the grace period specified in clause 4. Publication of applications on the Windows Phone Marketplace is subject to the terms of the Application Provider Agreement (updated June 2011) for Windows Phone Marketplace.
4. Grace period: If your application is in the process of being certified for publication at the end of this promotion period (that is, at 11:59pm on 18 May2012) Microsoft will still accept your entry provided you email a screenshot of your application and a screenshot of the pending certification to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm on 18 May 2012. You will still be eligible for the competition if your application is published by 1 June 2012.
5. Restrictions on Applications: Applications must be free for Marketplace users to download.
6. Prizes and award criteria:
(a) Be Great: The three best submitted applications (as judged by Microsoft) and published on the Windows Phone Marketplace will win 1 of 3 Nokia Lumia 800 Windows Phones.
(b) Be Lucky: Each and every valid entry submitted for an application published on the Windows Phone Marketplace will go in the draw to win 1 of 5 HTC Trophy Windows Phones – note: you are not included in this pool if you have been chosen as a winner in the Be Great category.
7. Prizes will be awarded in the following order. You can only receive one prize. Each entrant who receives a prize is ineligible to receive an additional prize in a later prize award category.
(a) Be Great: the 3 winners of the Be Great prize will be awarded first
(b) Be Lucky: the 5 winners of the Be Lucky prize will be awarded last.
8. Prizes will be allocated on the 5th of June 2012, and winners will be notified by the 10th of June 2012, via the email and/or contact phone number provided when the application link/description was emailed to email@example.com as specified in clause 3.
9. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, 'hacked' or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
10. Prizes will be delivered to the New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft's expense.
11. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participant in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, application name, and application link for promotional purposes.
12. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
14. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
15. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
16. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Marketplace Account used to publish the Windows Phone Application. Applications submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Marketplace Account.
17. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
18. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
19. The judge's decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
22. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
23. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
24. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 26 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
26. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.